Matchday Spain

Today we are playing Spain and after the game we are going out with the team, we hope to celebrate our win but otherwise it will just be a nice night out because we only have recovery tomorrow and the rest of the day off.

I sit in the back of the bus with Katie, Rachel and Millie, we are playing cards but Katie keeps cheating. 'I'm done, Katie you need to learn how to play the game like normal people do' I say frustrated after Katie tries to change the rules for the fifth time. 'It isn't my fault you guys play with shit rules' She says in defense. I grab my phone out of my pocket and start scrolling through instagram, I like some posts from friends and I post the game announcement on my story. Just as I wanted to put my phone away I get a message.

Leah: Hi y/n, do you have plans for tomorrow?
Me: No, only recovery
Leah: I was wondering if you wanted to go into the city and have a coffee

Leah and I have grown close but I try to keep my distance sometimes so I won't hurt her but I mean its just a coffee right?

Me: Yes, sounds lovely
Leah: Great, I will text you the details later ☺️
Leah looks over her seat and gives me a smile, I smile back and close my eyes.
An hour later we arrive at the stadium, we get out of the bus and lots of fans are waiting I wave to them and head inside. We did our warm up and switch to our match kit, seeing y/l/n - 17 on an England kit is still breathtaking.

Line up:
1. Mary Earps
2. Lucy Bronze
5. Leah Williamson
6. Millie Bright
16. Jess Carter
4. Keira Walsh
8. Georgia Stanway
7. Beth Mead
9. Rachel Daly
10. Ella Toone
23. Alessia Russo

I am not suprised to not be in the starting eleven, this is my first call up but I do hope to make my debut today.
I take an seat on the bench next to Bethany England and Niamh Charles.

Game starts:
12' England has a corner, Georgia Stanway is behind the ball and sends it into the box. It headed away by Paredes but it lands at Lucy Bronze outside of the box, Lucy controls the ball and shoots. GOAL! England are one up.

28' The game is pretty much in the midfield both teams are having a good game.

43' Ona Battle is running on the right, she has been giving a lot of space. Alexia Putellas and Jenni Hermoso are both free outside the box. Ona passes the ball to Jenni she shoots out of reach for Earps but it hits the crossbar and goes out of play.

The wistle goes for half time. I walk back inside and sit for my locker. Sarina starts 'Girls were playing good, Spain is having a good day but remember we are 1-0 up. Try to attack from the side with speed. I will make a some subs this half, Russo will go off and y/l/n will have her debut. That is it for now girls keep playing and enjoy.' I receive some pats on my back while walking out on the pitch. I do a quick warm up to let the muscles lose and retye my laces again.

< 17 - Y/n y/l/n
> 23 - Alessia Russo

53' Spain is starting their second half great and already have created 5 chances. But we managed to prefend them from scoring the equaliser.

74' The last 10 minutes have been mostly England. We are passing the ball around on their half, when I get the ball on the edge of the box, I could shoot but I notice Ella running behind me I backheel the ball towards her, she hits it perfectly and it flies in the top bin.
'TOONEYYYY!' I shout while she jumps in my arms, we celebrate the 2-0 and go back in position.

88' We are not attacking anymore 2-0 is good enough. Spain tries but they are tired. Suddenly Leah wins her duel with Jenni and sents the ball towards me, I let it slip past me and I start running. Ona is close behind me, I want to shoot but I feel an arm around my waist pulling me to the ground. 'What the fuck Battle' I get up and push her 'Cool down y/l/n, I didn't do anything' she replies relaxed, that bitch. Before I do something I regret I get pulled away by Lucy 'its okey y/n, the ref has given us a free kick' she says trying to calm me down 'As she should' I say bluntly and walk inside the box. The freekick goes wide

Full time.

England 2 - Spain 0. I am happy with my debut and the win but if it wasn't for Ona I could have scored. We did our victory lap and thanked the travelling fans, I signed some stuff and went back inside. Before I can enter our changing room, I am pulled to the side. 'Hola, good game' Ona says 'Thank you, you too' I respond giving her a hug 'Since you are in Spain I was wondering if you would like to have a drink?' She asks with a smirk, normally I would have said yes but somehow I was not in the mood, not with Ona atleast 'Sorry Ona but I am not in the mood' She looks suprised and puts her hand on my forehead, I chuckle at her actions 'Ona, what are you doing?' 'Checking if your sick. Y/n y/l/n not in the mood for sex, thats new' Ona says laughing too 'Stop, im fine. I just want to celebrate the win against you with my team' I give her a wink but before I enter the room I add 'give me a ring when you are in London'.

On the bus back to the hotel I create an Instagram post.

^ You are Beth

^ You are Rachel and Ella is Beth

^ You are RachelLiked by: Lionesses, EllaToone and 64,838 othersY/n_y/l/n: Amazing to have made my debut for England and to have my first assist

^ You are Rachel
Liked by: Lionesses, EllaToone and 64,838 others
Y/n_y/l/n: Amazing to have made my debut for England and to have my first assist. We go again on Sunday 🏴󐁧󐁢󐁥󐁮󐁧󐁿🦁
Thanks to all the fans we heard you 💪
#playlikealioness

EllaToone: Thanks for the assist
^Y/n_y/l/n: Thanks for scoring the goal
LucyBronze: congrats mate
^Y/n_y/l/n: thanks mate
Lionessesfan: Y/n got robbed by Ona