Girlfriend

It's been two weeks since we visited Leah her parents in Milton Keynes. Ever since I can't stop thinking about what Amanda said when we left 'Ask her y/n, she would want nothing more' Things between Leah and I have been good since we came back from the visit, we travel to training together, sit next to each other on the bus, have movie nights and sleepovers.
I do want Leah to be my girlfriend so I have decided I am going to ask her but I want it to be perfect and special, that is what she deserves. I can't help but feel afraid. I am not afraid she says no, maybe a little, but I am afraid she says yes and that I will not be good enough for her and maybe even hurt her. I have called my sister about my thoughts but she says kept saying the same things 'Dont doubt yourself' 'She is different for you' 'It will all be okey', I haven't talked to my mum yet, we haven't been on a good note lately mostly because I haven't visited her since I left to play for Arsenal and she feels betrayed because I promised I would visit. But look at it from my point of view I haven't really had the opportunity to fly across the world, when I have training almost everyday and a game in the weekend.

Today is finally the day, I am going to ask Leah to be my girlfriend. Leah thinks we are just going to have dinner at a nice restaurant, we are but after I will take her to this plach which has the perfect view over London. Beth, Viv and Katie are helping with the plan, when me and Leah are having dinner they will set everything up.
At the moment I am walking rounds in mine and Katies house not being able to sit still. I wait for the moment I can leave to go pick up Leah. It's now 6pm and I have told Leah I will be at hers around 7:30, I have already dressed, sprayed perfume on and the ring is in its box in my pocket. Its not a propose ring, its a promise ring, I want to tell Leah I can be a lot but I want to promise her I will always be there for her because she is the best thing that happend to me.
'Y/n, sit down now' Katie says irritated 'Why?' I ask confused 'Because you are annoying me' Katie answers shuttig her macbook 'Then leave' I say irritated, Katie gives me a your just stressed and you don't mean that look 'Right right sorry, I didn't mean that, Im stressed' I apologise quickly 'Come sit down and tell me the plan again' Katie says pointing at the chair opposite off her, I take her offer so I take a seat at the table 'So I will go and pick Leah up, then we go to this chique restaurant and have dinner. While we are eating you, Viv and Beth will set everything up at the view and then leave. After that we go back to the car and drive to forrest where yous have set everything up and then I ask her to be my girlfriend and hopefully she says yes and we kiss and go back home' I say retelling the plan for the 20th time, I know Katie, Beth and Viv know the plan like the back off their hand and she is only doing it for me, which i'm more then grateful for.

 After that we go back to the car and drive to forrest where yous have set everything up and then I ask her to be my girlfriend and hopefully she says yes and we kiss and go back home' I say retelling the plan for the 20th time, I know Katie, Beth...

^ Your outfit

^ The promise ring

^ The promise ring

After what feels like forever its finally time to leave. I give Katie a last hug and thank her 'It's okey mate, go have a great time' She says with a big smile. I drive to Leah when I get there she is already waiting outside Fuck am I late? No its 7:22. I step out off my car as she walks towards me 'Hey beautiful, you ready?' I ask giving her a kiss 'Yes, you look amazing too' I wink at her and open the door.
Not much later we arrive at the restaurant, I often check if the box is still in my pocket, luckily it is. We sit down and both order a coke zero, even though it's a special evening we still have training tomorrow. We talk until the waiter comes over to take our order 'Hi beautiful, what can I get you?' He asks Leah on a flirty manner. Excuse me? Only I get to call her beautiful. 'Tomato soupe as starter and the fish as main please' She replies friendly 'Everything for you darling' He replies gosh this dude is getting on my nervous 'What can I get you?' He asks on a normal tone now 'I will have the same as my girlfriend please' I respond with clenched jaw, he writes it down with big eyes before he walks away. I look at Leah again and she looks at me stunned 'Girlfriend?' She asks, there is tension in the air 'He was flirting with you' I say shrugging my shoulders, Leah still looks at me confused 'Soon' I say giving her a wink. Luckily the food has been brought by another waiter and it is delicious, while eating we talked about lots of different things. 'How are Josh and Ella?' I ask 'Good, they actually want to see Aunty y/n/n again' I laugh 'I think we can make that happen right?' I ask 'Yeah, that would be nice' Leah replies.
We share a dessert, which was a chocolate cake with rashberry's ice cream and whipped cream. We get the bill and I take it immediately 'No y/n, let me pay' Leah says at my action 'Leah normally I would be okey to discuss this but tonight is about you okey?' I say direct 'Fine but next time I pay' 'Deal' 'Pinky promise?' She holds out her pink 'Pinky promise' I say while interlocking our pinks. I know I will pay next time pinky promise or not.

We walk back to the car hand in hand 'What are we doing next?' Leah asks leaning against the car, while I stand infront of her. 'Well, I actually want to take you somewhere, if thats okey?' I asks nervous 'Yes ofcourse, are we going to walk or take the car?' 'First a quick drive and then we need to walk for a few minutes'. We go in the warm car and after a quick drive we arrive at the forrest 'Le do you have a jacket, it is starting to get quite cold outside' 'No shit I forgot' Leah face palms herself 'Haha no problem, I bought an extra' I give her the extra and put my own on, we are parked in the parking lot of the forrest. 'You're not gonna kidnap me right?' Leah asks joking 'Shit, guess I am not good at keeping secrets' I say laughing and wrapping my arms around her waist lifting so I can lift her off the ground prettending to kidnap here.

We are walking in comfortable silence for 5 minutes and are almost there, I feel my nervous building up now.
'Y/n what is this?' Leah asks when we arrive at the set up. It isn't much, some candles forming a small heart and a few blankets and pillows laying on the ground next to a fire basket. I take Leah her hand and walk her towards the heart 'Leah, I- You are the best thing that happend to me in a while. You made me believe that opening my heart isn't wrong, its great. So I opened my heart for you and you accepted it, so thank you' Leah still looks confused about all this 'I can't promise you everything will always be butterflies and rainbows but I want to promise you that I will try my best to make you happy and make us work. So Leah Williamson, will you be my girlfriend?' I ask nervous while grabbing the ring out of my pocket 'Y/n.. I don't know what to say?' Fuck she is going to say no, this was all too much. 'This- this is absolutly amazing, ofcourse I will be your girlfriend' She smashes her lips on mine and I kiss her back after a while we break apart 'I still have a ring for you, it's a promise ring to definite my promises' I smile at Leah as I put the ring on 'It's beautiful y/n/n' she kisses me again. 'Wanna go watch the stars' I ask pointing at the blankets and pillows.
We have been lying down for a while now, Leah is cuddeld up into my side and my arms are wrapped around her. 'Are we going to tell the world?' I ask Leah 'Well.. um- I never told you this but one off the reasons me and Jordan broke up was because the media became to involved and I don't want that, not yet, I hope you understand' She says insecure 'Leah, if thats what you want I am 100% behind it but you should know Beth, Katie and Viv know because I needed some extra hands for tonight' I chuckle and give her a kiss on the head 'Thats fine and we can be you know girlfriends around the team and when they ask we don't have to deny but lets just have them find it out and not annouce it' 'Ofcourse' I cup Leah her cheeks and connect our lips 'You know what?' I ask 'What?' Leah asks our faces still centimeters apart 'It feels amazing to call you my girlfriend' I say with a proud smile 'It is great to be your girlfriend'. We share some more kisses before we head back, we clean everything and walk back to the car.
We arrive back at Leahs and walk inside
'Wanna go to bed and cuddle?' I ask 'Yeah lets do that im cold and tired' Leah replys.
We are spooning in Leah her bed, I have my arms wrapped around Leah her waist while she playing with my hands. 'Do you remember the first night you slept here?' Leah asks and turns around, I chuckle 'I do but why ask?' 'I was wondering why you left' Leah looks me in the eye 'I- that night I felt something for you' I reply holding eye contact 'But thats good right?' Leah asks confused, I swallow 'Then it wasn't because if I would have stayed then I would have hurt you' 'And now?' Leah asks hopefull 'Now.. now I would never hurt you' 'Never?' 'Never' I kiss her lips, it quickly turns heated but Leah breaks it 'Can we just cuddle?' She asks giving me a soft smile 'I would love too' I smile back and Leah turns around so I am big spooning her again. I fall asleep smiling because I can call Leah Williamson my girlfriend