Matchday Manchester City

Today we have the first game of the new year against Manchester City away. I know a few City players, Jill Roord who I met at new years eve and ofcourse the Lionesses such as Roebuck, Greenwood, Hemp and Kelly. Neither Arsenal and Manchester City have had the best first half of the season, didn't win the games we should have and conceded when it wasn't necessary. This causes Arsenal to be placed 3rd and City 4rd with Chelsea still top of the table. But both teams still have a change to win the league so will be going into todays match with one thing on their mind, win the game and secure the 3 points.

At the new years eve party I asked Leah to move in with me, we decided it would be more practical for me to move in with her since she lived alone and I lived with Katie. We haven't had time for me to move all my stuff into Leahs, ours now actually that feels weird and amazing to say at the same time, so I just have my necessarys here such as clothes and important stuff but the majority is still at Katies.
'Le, your ready?' I shout from the kitchen as I quickly take the last bite from my banana 'Almost this day is just the worst' She replies when walking into the kitchen and quickly grabbing a banana before walking out again 'Why?' I ask following her 'First I dropped my coffee then I found out I didn't charge my phone last night and I still have the feeling I am forgetting something and we are very late' She explains as she puts her shoes on in a hurry 'I just have the feeling something else will happen and it is not good' She says worried. I take Leah her hands and pull her into a big hug 'Everyone has bad days Le, it will all be alright' I reassure her 'Your right, now lets go before the bus leaves without us' Leah says as she walks away but I pull her back 'We still have time for this' I put my hand in her neck and connect our lips, giving her a passionate kiss.

The kick off is at 4:30pm. The drive to Manchester is around 4 hours meaning we need to be at the training centre at 11. I did drive somewhat over the speed limit, which Leah didn't like but we made it before the bus departured. We get on the bus and walk towards the back, my usual place with Beth, Steph and Jen is still free and Leah sits with Wally and Viv in the fourseater next to us. 'Look who has finally arrived' Jen says filming her tiktok about when everyone arrives, Leah puts her hoodie over her head and sits down 'The best two of the team' I joke which causes a lot of disagrees but also laughs.
The ride wasn't special, I tried to nap but everyone was way too loud for it so after a while I decide to join the conversation.
We arrive at the Joie stadium and leave the bus to head inside the stadium, doing so I give some fans a high five even the City fans. I change into my warm up kit and boots before heading outside with Kyra, we start doing funny tricks while waiting on the others to come out for warm up. The stadium is starting to fill with fans, lots of blue fill the seats but their is also a big red spot of Arsenal fans in the crowd. The rest of the team finally comes out and we start are warm up, stretching, finishing on goal, sprinting and more. When we go back inside Jill walks out 'Hey Jill' I say as I give her a hug 'Y/n, how are you?' She asks 'Good, ready for the new year and you?' I ask in return 'Yeah all good, went to see Jana few days ago' 'Thats great. I need to go see you on the pitch'. We hug goodbye and see walks outside as I go inside into the changingroom. I change into match kit and new boots before Jonas starts his little talk 'We have faced City often, they are good especially at home. Last time we played them we lost unfortunatly with 3-1 but I have fate we take the 3 points back to London today. I except us to be the better team today, be dominant and keep communicating' Everyone cheers when Jonas finishes and we give high fives before going to stand in line in the tunnel and the subs taking a seat on the bench. Leah is standing infront of me in the line waiting for the referees to start walking, I give her hip a little squeeze whising her good luck, she looks behind her and gives me a small smile in response.

Line up:
1. Manuela Zinsberger
6. Leah Williamson
7. Steph Catley
8. Y/n y/l/n
9. Beth Mead
10. Kim Little
11. Vivianne Miedema
13. Lia Walti
15. Katie McCabe
19. Caitlin Foord
21. Victoria Pelova