SGP

Me, Keira and Lucy have landed at Birmingham Airport after a short but very boring flight. We go through security and bagage claim without problems before stepping into the cab that takes us to Sint George Park, luckily the ride there isn't far.
After I received the call from Sarina I called my family later that evening, everyone is very excited and proud that I made it into the selection. I am looking forward to see them again and ofcourse to play at a world cup.

The cab stops infront of the entrence, we step out and the camera immediately starts filming us as we take our suitcases from the trunk and walk inside. I haven't felt nervous about this camp since knowing I am selected but suddenly all the nerves and doubts hit me. In less then 10 minutes I will see Leah again, we haven't spoken in months, Jordan also got selected, who I don't look forward to speak with and the whole squad probably knows what happend which is also not positive. This camp is going to be long and hard.
We walk into the building and are greeted by the mediateam. 'Are you excited to be back?' The woman behind the camera asks 'Yes' Keira says 'Always' Lucy replies with a smile 'Ready to bring it home' I respond which causes everyone to lightly chuckle.
Sarina wants to start this camp with a meeting to discuss the timeline for the following weeks and other important things. Lucy and Keira are walking infront of me while I slowly chase behind them, postponing facing Leah and the others as long as possible. Lucy and Keira enter the meeting room but I stop at the door, I close my eyes and let out a deep sigh. You got this y/n, just put on the smile and act like it doesn't bother you. I walk through the door and our eyes meet directly not letting lose for a few seconds, those blue eyes I have missed for months. Butterflies fill my stomach. I can't look anywhere but at her, everyone else in the room disappears except for Leah. I give her a small friendly smile but she doesn't return one and averts her gaze. I walk towards the corner of the room and sit down on a free chair, Lauren James sits next to me but we don't say more then a quick 'Hi, how are you?'. I didn't mind that we didn't talk much because I wasn't in the mood to.

Sarina starts her presentation, she introduces us to some of the new staffmembers and talks about medical and other general information regarding this camp. Papers are handed out, I get mine and on the paper there is an schedule for the world cup. 'As you can see this is the whole schedule for this campaign, the finale is also included because that is our goal and I have faith we can make it happen' Sarina explains further and everyone listens in complete silence. We have one week here at SGP, then we fly out to Australia and have another week for training before our first groupstage match against Haïti. Followed by the round of 16, quarter final, semi final and to finish it all, the final.
'I have made a few chances in the room arrangement, if we want to win this tournement everyone needs to be on the same line and be able to build on one another' Sarina tells us as she finishes her presentation 'If there are any problems come to me but I assume there aren't' She adds before reading the roommate list out loud. Please no Jordan or Leah, please no Jordan or Leah.

...
Room 111 - Lucy Bronze and Georgia Stanway
Room 117 - Leah Williamson and Keira Walsh
Room 123 - Alessia Russo and Ella Toone
Room 204 - Niamh Charles and Lauren Hemp
Room 206 - Jordan Nobbs and Y/n Y/l/n
...

Fuck Jordan. You've to be kidding me. Jordan Nobbs of all people?

Jordan sends me a glare from over her shoulder, she doesn't look amused about us being roommates for the next following weeks. I give her an I hate this as much as you do look before turning my attention back to Sarina as she finishes the list. 'For now go to you rooms and relax, training starts tomorrow morning don't be late' Everyone stands up and makes their way towards the door, before I can leave Sarina calls my name 'Y/n wait, can I have a moment?' I nod and sit down on one of the chairs in the front row, Sarina waits until everyone has left and the door is closed. Her friendly smile chances into a more serious expression 'You are probably wondering why and what I want to talk about' Sarina starts 'I do' I admit. 'A couple days ago I had a conversation with Leah..' Sarina begins. Fuck I already know what this is about, she not gonna kick me now right?. I nod letting her know she can continue 'She told me about what happend between the two of you' I swallow the lump in my throat and nod again 'I just want to ask if you are able to leave whatever bad blood there is left outside of this camp' Sarina asks with a raised brow 'That won't be a problem Sarina' I assure her 'Good to hear because if I notice anything that brings down the groups dynamic on or off the pitch, you will be the one that leaves'. My breath hitched when Sarina says that. Thats the last thing I want. 'Ofcourse Sarina but then why put me and Jordan in the same room?' Sarina smiles at my question 'I understand your confussion and I know it is risky but you have to understand that we can't have the team choose sides. Now you are forced to be in the same room and maybe talk' She explains causing me to huff a little 'Yeah.. I will try' 'I know you will, here is your roomcard and please keep eachother in pieces' She jokes as she hands me my roomcard 'Can't promise' I joke back and grab my bag before making my way towards my room.