First games

A/N: take a seat and grab your popcorn because this chapter is longgg.

England - Haiti
Today England plays Haiti, I won't be playing because the staff and Sarina don't want me to put unnecessary pressure on my wrist which could intervene the healing proces. It sucks but I know it is for the better. I don't hold it against Lauren, she couldn't know I would fall wrong and catch myself with my wrist. I mostly hate myself because I should have gotten it checked the moment I felt something and not continue playing until it was all blue and swollen up. I think if Millie and Rachel weren't next to me when I let that weight lose I would still ignore it and continued with the exercises I needed to do

We have arrived in the stadium. The teams are on the pitch starting with the warming up while I am asked to do a pre-match interview with ex-lioness Jill Scott. I greet her and get handed a microphone before the cameras start rolling. 'Today we are joined by Lionesses player y/n y/l/n, how are you?' Jill asks 'Fine, its dissapointing not being able to play today but I have confidence in the team' I respond 'Great to hear, can you tell us some more about how you and the team prepared for this tournement?' 'You ofcourse know how it all goes leading up to a major tournement' Jill nods 'The last three weeks we have been training a lot, getting in the right space of mind and yeah doing everything we can to be as ready as possible' I explain 'Also had some fun?' Jill asks with a big smile 'Yeah lots of, went to the sea a couple times and always time for a joke' 'Since I left who is the joker now?' Jill asks curious 'I think your job had been taken over by Rach and Millie but Ella is a real one to' We both start laughing 'Almost time for kick off, what is your score predictions?' Jill asks before the interview is finished 'I hope we get a solid 3-0, wouldn't be wrong right?' 'I agree, 3-0 for the England?' 'Ofcourse'. The camera stops and I hand my microphone back before saying goodbye and go into the changingroom with the team, Sarina and Leah do their last speech. 'Match 1 of the 7, I don't have to say more. Make it yourself easy and win' Sarina says as we stand in a huddle 'I know we can do it and I know we are going to do it' Leah says as she looks each one of us in the eye 'Lionesses on three.. 1.. 2.. 3..' 'LIONESSES' We all shout. The subs are going to the bench as the starting eleven makes their way to the tunnel, I go from the inside into the family and friends stands.

10' We are 10 minutes into the game but nothing major has happend yet, England clearly is the better team but Haiti is doing an excelent job to keep England away from the goal.

17' The last few minutes England are creating more and more chances. Russo and Hemp have both already had a few shots but none were dangerous. Suddenly the referee blows her whistle for hands and points at the penalty spot, this is exactly what England need, a goal to bring up the confidence. Haiti players go to protest with the referee and the VAR calls the referee to the side to check again. I sit on the edge of my chair when the referee walks back on the pitch 'I watched the footage again and my desicion is NO PENALTY' Her voice echoes around in the stadium. Fuck off, that player clearly got the ball on her lower arm. The Haiti fans cheer while the England fans 'boo'.

21' Haiti are starting to put pressure on the England defence. Two of their attackers break through which causes the backline to sprint back, Lucy and Alex are running back as fast as they can trying to keep up with the fast pace of the two attackers. The ball is passed to the other attacker but Lucy can slide the ball and it goes behind for a corner.

29' Russo gets tackled in the box, she is down for a moment as Lauren and Beth check up on her but luckily it is nothing bad and she can walk it off. What is even better the referee awards us a penalty, Georgia grabs the ball and puts it down on the spot, the rest of the players are standing on the edge of the box waiting for the whistle and for Georgia to shoot. I am not nervous because I have full confidence that Georgia is going to score and she does. Haiti 0 - 1 England. About time we take the lead.