Friends?

We are almost at the end of our 2 weeks training in Australia before it all starts, in 3 days we will have our first match of the 2023 World Cup against Haïti. It almost doesn't feel real. I am back in Australia, doing the thing I love, going to play in a fucking world cup, friends and family in the stands. If you would have told this to 10 year old me I would probably burst out laughing and wouldn't believe you at all, I don't think I really believe it now. The sun is shinning and tempratures are high so I am finally getting my tane back a bit since the English weather is absolutly shit, luckily we had a bit of sun in Barcalona every so often. Barcalona has been on my mind a lot recently, after the World Cup I am expected to go back to Arsenal because my loan has expired. But I really enjoyed my time at FC Barcalona and it has made me a better player, the biggest reason I left Arsenal in the first place was because of Leah and our situation and we haven't talked more then our conversation in bed a couple nights ago. I do love Arsenal, it was always my dream to play for them but honestly I have grown to like Barcalona, the players and the way they play. I have had small conversations with Jonatan about me extending my contract but before that can happen he needs to discuss it with the board and I need to talk with Jonas and the Arsenal board. If I decide to stay at Barcalona ofcourse, my heart still lays in London.

Today we have training and gym but the late afternoon and evening off, we are allowed to leave the hotel so me and some of the girls decided to have dinner in a restaurant at the beach.
I am outside with Bethany passing the ball back and forth waiting for the training to start when suddenly someone jumps on my back and I lose my balance and fall on the ground, I can catch myself with my hand but my wrist catches my full body weight and pain shoots through. Ah fuck. Hempo is laughing beside me as she lays on the ground as well 'Good morning to you to Lauren' I say as I get up and feel my wrist 'You should have seen your face' Bethany says laughing and mimicking my face 'Should I jump unexpected on your back?' I ask Bethany not amused, she quickly puts her hands up in defence 'Am I that heavy?' Hempo asks as she stands up as well 'Yeah a bit' I tease and she pushes my shoulder playfully before we need to gather and Sarina explains the drills. We will be doing some defense-attack, counters and regaining possesion drills today and after we are done a light gym session follows before we are free to do our own thing. I look at my wrist as Sarina explains everything, it doesn't look swollen or anything and it doesn't really hurt, just a bit sensitive.

During the first exercise I am partnerd up with Lucy, Lucy passes the ball to me and I need to try and get past her so I can dribble over the line. I can get past Lucy a few times but Lucy is an amazing defender so she stops me as well.
After that we start a 7v7 game but the game is not focused on scoring but more on switching quickly from defence to attack and conversly, training goes well and before I know it the last exercise starts. In a square it is yellow against pink, in our team we need to pass the ball 10 times to gain a point. My team eventually wins with 6-4 before we go inside.
I have done my warm up on the bikes when I walk with Millie and Rachel to the weights, I want to grab one from the rack but when I lift it I drop it directly and a sting goes through my wrist. Fuck. 'Y/n what happend?' Millie asks concerend 'My wrist hurt' I look at it and it is swollen and a bit blue 'Shit mate, that looks far from good' Rachel says as she sees it 'Can you let the coaches know I will be going to the medic?' I ask and they say that they will. 'Y/n how can I help you?' Paula asks as I enter the medic room, no one is here because luckily nobody is injured 'Can you check out my wrist?' I ask sitting down on the bed and pulling up my sleeve. 'That doesn't look good, does it hurt?' Paula asks as she examines it, I whinch as she pinches it 'Only if I carry something or if you squeeze it' I say with clenched jaw, she hums as she touches and moves my wrist some more. 'I hate to say this but its bruised, I will let Sarina know that I advice to keep you at of the Haiti match' Paula says with pity 'Your kidding?' I ask in disbelieve. Great fucking start. 'It is a precausion, letting you rest out this game before it becomes worse and you aren't allowed to play at all during the whole tournament' Paula explains 'Wear this wristbrace for a week and it will be so good as new, I will let Sarina know' 'Thanks Paula' 'No problem, come back here in a few days and I will look at the progress' I nod before leaving and going to my room. I shower and change into comfortable clothes before going downstairs again to have lunch. 'Y/n why do you have that?' Beth asks referring to the brace around my wrist as I sit down at her table for lunch 'Got it bruised' I sigh, a few shocking gaps go around the table 'Thats horrible' Alessia says with pity 'Gotta life with it I guess' I say as I shrug my shoulders 'If you need anything we are here' Keira says and the other agree 'Thanks guys' I give them all a appreciating smile. Lunch finished around 4 so we spent the rest of the afternoon in the relaxationroom until we need to head out for dinner, normally me and England would dominate the FIFA tournement but since I can't play it is actually exciting for once, eventually Lauren and Niamh win the tournement. Around 6 everyone starts getting back to there rooms to change for dinner, the reservation stands at 7:30. I enter my room and Jordan her clothes are everywhere, she is busy looking for an outfit 'Decided what you want to wear?' I tease, because she clearly has struggles 'Shut up' Jordan replies irritated, I chuckle and grab my own outfit before going in the bathroom to change.