Chapter One

Death eaters.

What was it about them that planted such disgust in Alessia Nott? Perhaps it was the direct involvement with one of the Wizarding world's most dangerous individuals. Perhaps it was the inescapable ties that you would have to agree to. Or maybe it was just the fact that the person she hated most was the son of their leader.

Alessia sat in a deafening silence on the train to Hogwarts opposite to her twin brother Theodore, who was staring out of the window with an absent-minded look. There was an unspoken and uncomfortable disagreement between the two, that lead to the lack of conversation.

The twins father was growing insistent on their involvement with the death eaters this year, something that had never appealed to Alessia. She would never stoop as low as willingly serving a riddle, one was already enough to deal with on a daily basis. Theodore, on the other hand, was entirely too keen to join, not only to please their father but to please Mattheo too.

The twins had always been close, but the one thing that often got between them was the sensitive topic of Mattheo riddle. He had made Alessia's life a living hell ever since he laid eyes on her in first year, and he was a problem she just couldn't shake. Mattheo and Theodore were best friends, or as close to "friends" you can get to someone who lacks basic human emotion. This often sparked tension between the two, their opinions on the boy being completely opposite.

"Allie, remember what I spoke to you about" Theo told her, breaking the silence between the two. Theodore had made it his personal mission to drill into Alessia's head the reminder that she shouldn't speak of You-know-who whilst at Hogwarts. Obviously that wouldn't be an issue due to her hatred for the family and the death eaters, but that didn't stop her brother from constantly mentioning it.

"You don't have to worry about me, I want nothing to do with it anyway" she replied, crossing her arms over her chest to reiterate her distaste for her brother's choices.

"I've told you multiple times that this is what's best. Riddle and his father can support us" he said, making Alessia's eyebrows furrow in confusion.
"Is that what he's being promising you? support? Because the only thing you will be receiving from that little shit is a tainted life." she retaliated, trying her best to contain her voice.

Theo rolled his eyes at his sister's adamant opinion. He was doing this for her, doing this for his family; it wasn't the best option but atleast it provided some sort of security. Alessia just wasn't willing to accept the possibility of working closely with Mattheo and the other death eaters. Theo wouldn't let his sister be diverted into a life that had no real trajectory, even if it meant making agreements and deals with the devil himself.

"I will always trust you Theo but this is something I cannot follow you into" she explained. Theo nodded simply at her wish, averting his gaze back to the window, avoiding the disappointed expressions that his sister's face was so regularly holding.

The twins were disturbed from their solitary state when the door to their train compartment slammed open and multiple boys flooded in, taking the vacant seats. Of course, it was Theo's usual band of miscreants; Draco Malfoy, Blaise Zabini and Lorenzo Berkshire. Taking that as her queue to leave, Alessia gathered her belongings, making her way into the hall, not before saying goodbye to her brother.

Alessia made her way down the train looking into the compartments trying to spot her two friends, Pansy and Astoria. Her preoccupied attention to the people sat within the carriages meant that she didn't notice the looming figure stalking towards her with a slight scowl on his face. Alessia bashed into his chest, the sickening scent of cologne and ciggarete smoke instantly flooding her nostrils. She let out a small sigh under her breath, knowing all too well who she had just collided with.

Riddle.

She gazed up into the eyes of Mattheo, who was staring down at her with a distasteful expression.
"Watch where you are going, Nott" he spat, his eyes burning holes into her own. He caught Alessia's disgusted gaze, quirking a brow, as if daring her to retaliate. He enjoyed the taunting, the thrill of pushing her buttons, and the fact his mere proximity practically sent her spiralling into anger was the ultimate satisfaction.

"Good summer riddle?" She asked with superficial kindness, both aware of her insincerity. He let out a scoff. Summer with the dark Lord was evidently anything but "good".
The two stared into each other's eyes, a mutual exchange of hatred passed between them, the space between their bodies seemingly shrinking under the tension.

"You know I don't engage with small talk, Nott, especially with you" he responded plainly, with little expression on his face. Alessia couldn't quite work out the intricacy of Mattheo riddle, his face revealing little of how he truly felt. It didn't take a genius to figure out that he despised her though.

"I've got to go and speak to your brother now. Good luck with your decision" he told her with a cocky smirk, making Alessia's face drop slightly.
He knew.
"I've made my decision already riddle. I won't be associating with half-bloods like you" she told him, attempting to cause a reaction. He just smiled slightly, making her even more confused.

"I would be careful how you speak to me" he said. A threat. Subtle, but dangerous enough to send a message. She laughed under her breath at his words, any one else would cower under the influence of his somewhat scary demeanour, but Alessia saw past his facade; she knew the depths of his intentions, and they were nothing but evil.

"I'll never join you, riddle, that's a promise" she deadpanned, before leaving him stood there, walking off to join Pansy and Astoria. When she finally found them, she was still recovering from the extremities of her conversation with Mattheo. Even the smallest exchange of words between them held so much tension and hatred, it's a miracle they hadn't tried to kill each other yet.

"What's bothering you?" Pansy asked Alessia. The two, alongside Astoria had been glued to the hip ever since they had been assigned a dorm together in first year, and nothing was kept a secret between them.

"Seeing Riddle too early in the morning" she replied, sitting down in a huff. The two girls nodded knowingly at their best friend's words. This year would be yet another dive into hell.

A/N- hello! chapter one of "perpetual hate" is finally done! I absolutely hate chapters that are leading up to big moments, but hopefully you still enjoyed this. Don't be shy- tell me what you think.
Pls vote x
Ellie 💌
Word count- 1163
Not edited