Painting

Snape closed the door behind the two, commemorating the silence that circulated. Conveniently, there was no lesson happening, trapping Alessia with her situation.

"Take a seat" he told the girl, in a monotone voice , that echoed through the empty classroom.

Alessia obliged, placing herself at the desk, as if she was about to have a lesson. Snape looked annoyed, but he always did, and Alessia couldn't always tell the difference between his emotions.

"I know you have been experimenting with the memories you have lost, don't try to deny it. I will give you this chance to tell me exactly what you have seen" He explained, in a deadly serious tone.

Alessia was taken aback by his words, her eyebrows raising at his authority.

"I've seen a lot more than you think" Alessia said slowly, testing the ground for her response, wary of triggering the wrong reaction.

Snape furrowed his brows in confusion, staring her down with a judging look.

"This isn't some game everyone is playing, Miss Nott. Your power is the key to determining whether the wizarding world thrives or collapses." He said, with a chastising hint in his voice.

Alessia held back the eye roll that she desperately wanted to carry out, sick of all of this pressure, when she didn't even know much about her power.

Hell, she didn't even know who took her memories. No one was being truthful with her.

"I saw the prophecy. More specifically how you destroyed it." Alessia told him, making the man's face pale.

It wasn't easy to forget. It was a prophecy that destined the girl to save the wizarding world and vanquish The Dark Lord.

Snape had destroyed that prophecy, and it was the most confusing part of this whole affair, constantly running through Alessia's mind.

"I destroyed that prophecy to protect you from the Riddle family. If it landed in the wrong hands my efforts to conceal your ability would be futile" He explained.

"I understand that Professor. But why would my Potions teacher be this involved with my life? It just doesn't make sense"

Alessia knew this conversation would have to happen at some point, but that didn't make it any less uncomfortable for the two individuals trapped in that room, confined to the truth.

Snape took a moment to evaluate the conversation, attempting to reassure himself that he could divert it in the right direction.

"I'll show you why. I'll warn you now, what is discovered in this classroom stays between us Miss Nott. Remember there will be a time where everyone has to pick a side, you cannot trust anyone"

Snape scared her. Not because he was creepy, or intense, like other students would describe him. Alessia was scared of Snape because he viewed the world literally.

Sometimes people need sheltering, for an easier life, but with him, there is no sugar coating. Reality isn't always easy to come to terms with, but he accepted it with open arms.

Alessia felt a pinching sensation in her temple, like someone was knocking on the door to her mind, pleading for entry.

Without hesitation, the girl opened the metaphorical barrier paving the way for Snape to plant a memory inside her mind, one that came from his perspective.

Summer.

The sun shone, illuminating the scene, shining through the willow trees that sheltered two young students.