Chapter six

Alessia was officially out of options. It had been days since she had invaded Mattheos mind. Days since he did the same to her. Days and she still had no answers. Mattheo was avoiding her. The boy always went out of his way to stay away from the girl, but this was on a completely different level. It was like he was keeping himself away solely because he didn't want her to know anything.

"If you know too much you will become too difficult to control"

Before the year started, Alessia just assumed that she was slightly gifted when it came to skills of the mind, but after everything, primarily the borderline creepy observation from the dark lords son, she knew there was more to it.

She sat in the common room, Pansy and Astoria by her side. For the first time in her life, she could not bring herself to tell her two closest friends about everything that was happening. It was something she felt like she had to figure out alone.

"My parents are growing restless asking that I join the death eaters" Pansy told the two. Alessia gave her a sympathetic look, she knew that feeling all too well, the feeling you had to make your parents proud by following in their footsteps. Theodore was a prime example of that.

"Mine too" Astoria said, in a solemn tone. What had happened to the innocence of the group? Their main concern used to be how to wear their hair to lessons, now it was so much more.

It was fine for everyone else at the school. They had no idea that You-know-who was about to return, but the people surrounding Alessia couldn't think of anything else other than where their loyalties lied.

"At least we have tonight to look forward too" Pansy said, in attempts to lighten the mood. The Slytherins always threw a party in the first week back to Hogwarts, It was mainly enjoyed by the older years, but now the three were growing up, they could start to enjoy it like everyone else.

Astoria nodded slightly, not looking entirely taken by the prospect of the party. Alessia and Pansy on the other hand, were all too excited for the chance to go and enjoy this. It was a long and eventful week, so Alessia was in desperate need of a distraction.

Pansy rested her head on Alessia's shoulder, abandoning the pile of homework that she failed to complete. Pansy had a lot going on at home, which Alessia and Astoria felt entirely sympathetic of. The Parkinsons were one of the sacred Twenty Eight, which automatically left a lot on her shoulders. All three of the girls were members of the sacred Twenty Eight, but somehow, Pansys family valued their ties to the dark lord even higher than usual followers.

"I'll see you tonight, there's something I have to do" Alessia told her friends, before gathering her belongings, walking out the common room, to talk to the one person that could possibly help her overcome her confusion.

She made her way through the dungeons to the potions classroom, with a nervousness to her steps. She always wondered why the Slytherin common room was located in such a desolate area, it was so uninviting.

To her happiness, the exact person she wanted to talk to was in the classroom, looking mysterious, as usual.

"Miss Nott, can I help you?" the dulcet, monotone voice of Professor Snape echoed. The man was sat, marking what seemed like a mountain of papers, causing Alessia to feel as if she was invading at the wrong time.

"Good morning sir, I was wondering if I could get some advice" She spoke, walking into the classroom. Alessia had always felt safe around Professor Snape, and he was bound to offer some expert insight into her experiences with the mind.

"I'm sure I can try my best" he replied, with what seemed to be the ghost of a smile- but she couldn't be sure. Alessia fiddled with her clothes sub-consciously trying to contain her nerves.

"Well, seeing as you are heavily skilled in occlumency and legilimency, you were the only person I could think of to help me" She said in all truthfulness.

Snapes face dropped completely at her words, looking like the life had just faded away from his eyes completely. This was the first time Alessia had ever seen him this scared.

"And how, might I ask, would you know that about me Miss Nott?" He asked the girl, holding onto every syllable, dragging it out for effect.

Alessia furrowed her eyebrows in confusion at his words, questioning everything. She in fact, had no idea how she knew that about Professor Snape, but the length of his skills just seemed to always be common knowledge in her mind.

Alessia thought back to the room where she was interrogated by Mattheo. He had mentioned something, something about her memories, which would explain why she was experiencing this gap in associating her current knowledge with past experiences.

"He's removed all the memories" she heard Mattheo say angrily, whilst storming away from the girl.

"This will sound crazy, sir, but I think some of my memories have been removed" She told her teacher. This was so much more than she previously thought. It wasn't just a matter of not understanding her power, someone had intentionally removed all memory of it, but for what reason?

"I see" the man said, before swiftly standing up and walking towards the girl.

"I don't understand why I would have known about your mind talents, Sir" Alessia spoke aloud, addressing the elephant in the room.

It didn't sit right with Alessia that Snapes obviously well concealed power was just common knowledge to her, and why someone would need to remove that specifically from her memories.

"Come back tomorrow evening, Miss Nott, we have a lot of work to do" he said swiftly, before storming out of the room, leaving Alessia stood there in complete confusion.

A/N- heyyy guys! Sooo Snape will play a very big part in this book, and I'm super excited for what's in store. The next chapter will be at the party and we will be getting some mattheo and Alessia content!
Thanks for all the reads
Pls vote!!!

Ellie ❤️
Word count- 1055