Cigarette smoke

Alessia and Mattheo decided to go to the one place that they always seemed to fall back to in their times of need.

The astronomy tower.

As cliche as it sounds, it was secluded from the rest of the school, meaning that they could escape the eyes of students and teachers without fear of being interrupted.

Hogwarts at winter was a different type of beauty. The snow glistened in the afternoon sun, the two combining perfectly, like they were meant to exist together.

Alessia had been making a bad habit of avoiding lessons, especially Snape's, and that was obvious due to the silence that could he heard, no sign of life anywhere.

Mattheo sat against the wall, looking over at the grounds, his legs dangling from the edge. Alessia copied his position, making herself comfortable.

Alessia rolled her eyes, when Mattheo pulled a pack of cigarettes from his pocket, lighting one, before placing it in his mouth, using it as a source of comfort.

"They are bad for you" Alessia said, crossing her arms over her chest. She didn't mean to sound pedantic, it was directed more as a joke.

"So is that glare you always give me" he replied with a smirk, staring at her with awe, his eyes glistening in the afternoon sun.

A faint blush creeped onto the girls cheek, making her feel slightly embarrassed. Luckily she could just blame it on the bite of frost that was circulating the air. She pulled down her sleeve, playing with the loose fabric that she had pulled from her jumper.

"Time to be honest with me, Riddle. None of your bullshit anymore" Alessia said, quickly changing the subject to the initial matter at hand.

She had to stop letting him distract her. Finding out the truth was more important. Mattheo let out a sigh, exhaling smoke into the air as he did so, most likely out of frustration.

"Ask away, Lyssie" He said, mimicking the nickname her friends called her, in attempts to annoy the girl. That was his way of flirting, in a twisted sort of way.

Refraining from replying with something rude, Alessia composed herself, ready to ask what she wanted to know. It would take a massive weight off her shoulder when she knew the truth.

"Whats the real reason you are so interested in my power?" She asked, staring him down with intrigue. Mattheo furrowed his eyebrows, looking out to the landscape, so he didn't have to look into her eyes.

"I don't know how to put it into words" He replied, looking slightly helpless. He was using his cigarette, like it was the only thing keeping him sane. The smell was beginning to agitate Alessia's nostrils.

"Then show me" the girl suggested, staring at him in desperation. She held out her hand, signalling she should use her power on him.

Mattheo smiled, and Alessia could have just melted at the sight. He took her hand, without any form of hesitation. He had once called her power beautiful and he stood by that.

The euphoric feeling of their magic intertwining, and Alessia being granted full access to Mattheos memories made her feel enlightened.

Her magic was becoming increasingly natural, and easy to navigate the more she practiced and it filled her with utter strength.

Unlike other situations, Alessia was a bystander in this memory, watching from afar.

Mattheo was getting ready for his first day at Hogwarts, Draco Malfoy beside him. The two were talking about the lessons, and what house they wanted to be in when they arrived at the school.