Chapter seventeen

Tw: mentions of blood

The great hall was buzzing with excitement. All the students, including those from Durmstrang and Beauxbatons had gathered in anticipation, ready for the day they had all been waiting for.

The day they would find out who was chosen for the triwizard tournament.

Alessia sat with Pansy and Astoria, close by to Mattheos group of little followers.

Alessia was so grateful, that Mattheo wasn't forcing her to follow him around like the rest of the boys. At the end of the day, neither of them would have enjoyed that.

"Sit down please" Dumbledores voice echoed through the halls, silencing every single student. Everyone obliged, taking their place in their appropriate seats, eager to find out which lucky students would be picked.

"Now the moment you've all been waiting for" The headmasters voiced bellowed, "The champion selection." With a flick of his wrist, the lights flickered, slowly dimming, creating an eerie atmosphere. Alessia rolled her eyes at Dumbledores eccentrics, finding the dramatics of the event amusing.

Dumbledore raised his hand to the Goblet of Fire, waiting for a name to emerge, almost as eager as the students surrounding him. The flame flickered, and bubbled, almost like it was desperate to spit out a name.

A battered, rough peice of parchment rose from the flame, making its way into Dumbledores hand.

"The Durmstrang champion is Victor Krum!" He announced, causing all of the students from his school to erupt in booming cheers, patting the boy on the back. Victor found Alessia's eyes, smiling at her, obviously incredibly satisfied he had been chosen. The girl smiled back softly before focusing on Dumbledore who was now greeting the Champion, shaking his hand.

Another piece of parchment arose from the flame, this time, dainty and elegant with a tussle floating from the edge. Alessia knew exactly what school that came from.

"The champion of Beauxbatons is Fleur Delacour"

A beautiful girl, with shiny, golden hair, who was neatly dressed stood up in excitement, delicately making her way up to Dumbledore with a smile. Her fellow classmates cheered, their hands clapping gently, contrasting to the rowdy celebrations from Durmstrang.

Alessia stared at the girl, envious of her beauty, everything she did was so perfect.

The final peice of parchment emerged, obviously belonging to Hogwarts, which sparked the interest of Alessia and her friends, eager to know who was chosen.

"The Hogwarts champion, Cedric Diggory!"

Everyone from Hogwarts shouted and cheered, happy that Cedric had been chosen. He was a very popular figure around the castle, often catching the attention of the girls in Alessia's year. Cedric walked up to Dumbledore proudly, oblivious to the multitude of girls who were staring at him in admiration.

"Excellent!" Dumbledore shouted "We now have our three champions. But in the end, only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions."

Something was wrong. Alessia could feel it. The teachers obviously noticed it too, as they all stared curiously at the Goblet of Fire, as it began to spit flames like it did when the previous champions were announced.

The fires irratic behaviour now caught everyone's attention, including Dumbledores as it was becoming out of control.

To everyone's surprise, another piece of parchment came out of the flame, falling into the confused Dumbledores hand.

He looked down in shock at the name, muttering it under his breathe, causing the students to look at him eagerly, in anticipation of who it was.

"Harry Potter" Dumbledore shouted, looking incredibly angry. Everyone gasped, looking at the Gryffindor boy in shock. Alessia sighed. Harry getting chosen was just typical. Of course, the boy who lived, would be the one to get chosen for a contest where you had to be 17 to enter.

Alessia walked over to Mattheo who was observing everything from his position against the wall, watching the events unfold. She tapped his shoulder, harshly, sparking his attention.

"Did you know about this?" She whispered, looking at him in annoyance.
He smiled at the girl, not answering, but he didn't have to say a word. The mischievous glint in his eyes gave it away.

Dumbledore rushed Harry out of the hall, away from the screams and protests of the students, who were angry at the 14 year old being entered into the contest. The loudest uproar was coming from the Weasley twins, who were desperate to take part in the tournament.

"He's only fourteen, Riddle, this isn't fair" She said to Mattheo which just made him scoff. Alessia wasn't fond of Harry, but anyone with a heart would understand how wrong it was for him to be entered into a contest where people could potentially die.

"Be thankful it wasn't your name, Nott" he spat, looking down at her in disgust.

Alessia, in a fit of anger, was going to retaliate, willing to attack him if she needed to, but Theo stood inbetween the two, breaking the heated eye contact, where they were burning daggers into each other.

"Is there a problem here" Theo asked his sister, staring Mattheo down. Alessia became instantly worried for her brother knowing Mattheo definitely wouldn't take lightly to Theo standing up to him like that.

Mattheos eyes darkened, a deathly glare appearing, one that would send any first year scurrying back home away from the castle.

"I wouldn't try anything if I were you" Mattheo said with a smirk, testing Theo's temper. The Riddle boy knew Theo didn't have the nerve to act on his defence, it was evident he was scared of facing him in a setting with a crowd.

"Theo it's okay" Alessia said, trying to calm her brother down, before Mattheo did something that could hurt the boy.

"Baby sister saving you as always, Nott, you never could stand up for yourself" Mattheo said.

Before anyone could stop him, Theo landed a hard punch to Mattheos jaw, shocking Alessia and the few people that were in proximity.

Mattheo grasped his nose, which was quickly excreting blood, that dripped down his face at an immense speed. With a simple flick of his wrist, he healed his nose, the remnants of blood scattered down his face making him look dangerous.

He rolled up his sleeve, creating the impression that he was going to return the favour to Theo, who was looking at him in worry.

Instead, Mattheo hovered his hand over his dark mark, staring Alessia down with a deadly glare. The twins were confused at what he was doing, as nothing seemed to be happening.

Their confusion quickly vanished when Alessia began hurling in pain, her body feeling like it was being set on fire, from the inside out. The girl screamed, causing the entirety of the student body to draw their attention to the scene. It was a foreign sensation, one that made Alessia see the brink of death.

Mattheo removed his hand from the mark, rolling down his sleeve.

"Try that again, Theo, and she will be getting much worse than that" he spat, before beginning to walk out the great hall.

"Riddle, Nott. My office" Dumbledore said calmly, now back in the great hall.

"That applies to you too, Alessia" he added, looking at the girl who was recovering from the pain that was just implemented upon her.

Theo led the his sister to Dumbledores office, a comforting arm around her shoulder, avoiding the eyes of Mattheo who was staring the two down like a hawk.

A/N- this is a long one woah sorry!!
Things are getting tense.

Ellie 💌
Word count- 1261