Chapter two

Much to her dismay, Alessia's first lesson of the day was Potions, with Professor Snape, who quite literally hated everyone except for Malfoy and Riddle. She sat in the lesson, her head resting on her hand, trying to stay awake.

"We need to talk" Theo whispered to Alessia, sparking her attention. She looked at him with a confused look; that statement never sounded good, especially when they were in a lesson.

"Is everything okay?" Alessia asked her brother with a sense of urgency.

Theo looked worried, even more than usual, which sent concern flying around Alessia's body.

"Riddle told me that you know occlumency" he said, with a small frown on his face.

How the hell would he know that.

"Thats total bullshit" she replied, a little too quickly, trying to cover her lies to dilute any suspicion bubbling inside of Theodore.

Before Theo could reply to her, Alessia winced in pain, as a sharp pain suddenly situated itself in her head, like a thousand tiny knifes were poking at her brain, continuously and repeatedly. She knew that feeling all too well, someone was trying to invade her mind. She immediately pushed them out with ease, which made a scoff sound from behind her.

She turned round in her seat, meeting the eyes of Mattheo, who was sat directly behind her. He stared at her with a slight smirk, almost evaluating her with his eyes. He raised a brow, daring her to speak.

How did he know she was skilled in occlumency?

Deciding that she didn't need the whole class knowing her secret, especially her brother, she turned back around, leaving her questions behind her with the man who apparently knew too much.

"You need to stay away from him" Alessia told Theo in a whisper, who was oblivious to her previous encounter with Mattheo and their mind battle.

"He's already filling your head with crap and it's only the first day back" she continued.

"Things are different this year" he said with little to no expression. His eyes lacked any warmth that could previously be found in them.
She nodded slightly, not completely understanding what he meant. This year did feel different, and not in a good way; There was a looming danger that could be felt in the atmosphere of the castle.

And it didn't take a genius to figure out who was at the bottom of it all.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Alessia walked out of the classroom, eager to get away from the tension building inside it. As much as she hated to admit it, Mattheo seemed to be getting to Theo's head, slowly but surely attempting to destroy the trust between the twins. What Alessia couldn't figure out is why. Mattheo always hated her, that was common knowledge, but this year, there was a shift in his behaviour, it wasn't just spiteful, it was deep rooted and cruel.

Lost in a train of thought, walking to the common room, Alessia failed to notice Mattheo stalking behind her, following her steps in a predatory way.

Her eyes widened in fear, when his hand situated itself over her mouth, aggressively pulling her into a small, confined cupboard. Her shock increased when her eyes found Mattheo who was staring back at her. Without hesitation, she rushed for the door, desperate to escape. Panic flooded her thoughts when her feet stuck to the floor, at the hands of his effortless magic.

"I think it's time we talked about your little talent" Mattheo said bitterly, slowly closing the space between them, in attempts to seem intimidating. Alessia cursed under her breath at his words. Surely it wasn't that big of a deal? Many people were trained in occlumency, so it shouldn't be a surprise that she was too.

"I don't know what interests you so much, riddle, it's just a simple trick" she said to him, her breath shaking under her words. He laughed slightly, once again, evaluating her with his gaze, trying to decipher her character.

"It's not often you meet someone who can block you out of their mind without hesitation, Nott" he told her, a hateful undertone lacing his statement. The confinement of the room, and her inability to move made the whole situation even more intense, and his persistence in retrieving her answers made her options of escape from his mental torture limited.

"It's nothing, Ive always been able to do it" Alessia told him, instantly regretting it as soon as the words left her lips. A glimpse of surprise appeared on Mattheo's face, followed by that intolerable smirk that was constantly on his lips.

"Interesting" he said mainly to himself, making Alessia's eyebrows furrow. He was such an intricate character, she couldn't possibly work out what was swimming in that mind of his, unable to decipher what truly interested him about her natural ability.

It made her wonder if perhaps, he knew something she didn't. That element of the unknown didn't sit right with Alessia, the thought of Mattheo Riddle knowing more about her that she knew about herself made bile rise up her throat, threatening to spill.

Not wanting to dive deeper into that train of thought, Alessia quickly muttered a counter curse under her breath, running out of the room, leaving Mattheo stood there, once again, with all the answers to her questions.

The one thing that was unsettling and messing with Alessia's mind was simply what does Mattheo know that she doesn't?

A/N
Hi my loves!!! Sorry this is quite short. If you are confused, pleaseeeee don't worry! All will be revealed... dun dun dunnnnn.
I can't wait to explore her character more and develop the relationship between Alessia and Mattheo.
If you don't already, please follow my TikTok! @rizzlematt

Love you all
Pls vote!! 💌
Word count- 963