Chapter twenty-one

Tw: slight mentions of abuse

The weather was perfect.

The winter months were quickly approaching, the first task of the triwizard tournament following closely behind. The fire in the common room offered some shelter from the cold, making it the perfect place for feeling a sense of comfort.

Theo and Alessia sat next to eachother, in a sickening silence, trying to figure out how to start the conversation. The two had grown apart recently, and they both knew exactly why.

The roles and responsibilities that had been bestowed upon Theo were more complex than he wanted to admit, and he felt it wise to distance himself, so he didn't hurt Alessia by letting her see what he had become.

Alessia didn't care that Theo was a death eater, she just missed her brother.

The girl cleared her throat, turning to face the boy, who was lost in the allurement of the fire.

"I haven't seen you in a while" she spoke softly, careful to not ruffle a negative reaction. He seemed fragile.

Theo smiled over at his sister, trying his best to put on a happy facade, to make sure he wasn't worrying her.

"I've missed you a lot lyssie, I'm sorry I haven't been around lately" he replied. Alessia's heart broke at his words, she would do anything to take him away from the confinements of the wizarding world.

With her new found abilities adapting more than she could imagine, Alessia could feel his desperation and anguish, it was torturous watching him fall victim to the intensity of the death eaters.

"Don't apologise, I haven't exactly been very present at the moment either. I guess we both have Riddle to thank for that"

Theo chuckled softly. It was humorous, that one single boy could come between such an impenetrable bond.

Alessia reached over to hug Theo, embracing him tightly. There was no room for words, when such a special physical action spoke a thousand sentences.

They were just children, who wanted to spend eternity in the comforts of their family.

"Lyssie you're hurting me" he said with a laugh, soaking in the warmth and comfort the hug offered him, despite it being just a bit too tight.

Alessia's face went slack, her stomach dropping.

Something was wrong. Quicker than she could blink, The room went silent, Theo's voice becoming less than a mumble- so silent the girl could hear her heart beating through her chest.

This feeling, it felt familiar, like her body was becoming increasingly dissociated with reality.

Her body slumped, startling Theo, who was absentminded, unaware of her sudden departure from consciousness.

Alessia didn't even have time to utter a word, before she was, shockingly, flung into a memory.

"Stop you're hurting me" young Alessia squealed, who was attempting to scurry away from her father who was holding onto her wrists with an immense force, that would send shock waves down anyone's spine.

"I just want what's best for you, darling, we need to get you fixed" Tiberius Nott said, trying his best to sweet talk the young girl.

"I don't want to go back to that man's house" she screamed, protesting and trying to force herself out of her father's grip.

"Severus can help you, Alessia, stop behaving like a brat." He spat, now growing angry at his daughter, feeling helpless as he fought to control her.

Alessia would, without a doubt, be an incredible force to be reckoned with, but the problem with Tiberius Nott was that he couldn't handle the idea that he was loosing control over her.

Alessia's powers were adapting, and the girl was growing closer to the time she would go to Hogwarts. Tiberius was growing restless, trying to contain her magic.

"Let go!" Alessia shrieked, startling her father, and Theo too, who was watching the events unfold from the staircase.

The tension was quickly intensifying, Alessia's wrists growing numb as time progressed.

"How many times do I have to explain that what I am doing is going to help you?" Her father replied, with equal volume and aggression.

He couldn't help but raise his voice at his daughter, and he wasn't sure whether it was because he was worried for her or afraid of what she could be capable of.

Tiberius increased his grip, which made the pain that Alessia was feeling become unbearable.

She let out a deafening scream, louder than she had ever emitted before, closing her eyes, letting tears stream down her face.

She was overwhelmed.

The grip on Alessia's wrists vanished, and the room she was situated in now stood silent, not even the common sounds of wind could be heard.

She opened her eyes slowly, gasping at her surroundings.

Her father was unconscious on the floor, blood spilling from his head. The room was trashed, paintings littered the floor, furniture toppled over, and a ringing began sounding in the girls ears.

For the first time, she was terrified.

She stared down at her hands in utter fear, disgusted and confused, wondering how she had caused such destruction.

"What have you done?" a voice shouted, who Alessia quickly identified to be her brother, Theo.

The tears came quicker than the guilt, streaming down her face at an immense rate. It didn't even hit her, the damage she had done, until she saw her brother's face.

He was scared, and there was nothing more painful than watching the person Alessia loved most looking at her in horror. She never wanted him to look at her like that again. Like she was a monster.

Alessia gasped, finding herself back in the common room, Theo looking at her in fear. All she could think of was how he had looked at her after that destruction, so seeing him straight away when she returned from the memory was heartbreaking.

"What the hell just happened?" he asked, holding his sister, willing to sacrifice everything to make sure she was okay.

"Mattheo" Alessia whispered with a rasp in her voice. It was taking everything in her body to not break down that instant.

"Take me to Mattheo"

A/N- tell me why this genuinely made me tear up. I love Alessia so much.

What did you think?

Pls vote!!! Just press the little star ⭐️

Love you all!!
ellie 💌
Word count-1049