Christmas eve.2

It was half an hour before Christmas Day

All students, dressed and preened, spent that time dancing and enjoying others company in the Great Hall, signifying the union between the three wizarding schools.

In the words of Mcgonagall, it was the students duty to make an appearance at the ball, and spend time with Dumstrang and Beauxbatons before the final task.

So, everyone was doing that.

All students, except two.

Mattheo and Alessia, finding much more comfortability in each other's company, strayed away from the ball, finding themselves in an empty corridor, the moons light shining through the stain glass windows.

It was such a peaceful evening, something that Alessia needed, to calm herself.

The two had abandoned all form of formality, Mattheos once amiable attire withered to simply his white dress shirt, slightly unbuttoned, the robe left out of sight.

Alessia found Mattheo's company much more enjoyable than the array of students dancing away in the hall.

When it was the two of them, it was special.

They had simply been walking around the halls for a long amount of time, conversing and filling the school with laughter.

The girl walked over to the window, her heels in her hand, looking out at the school in awe.

One constellation stood out in the sky, its stars brighter than any other, its beauty catching Alessia's eye.

"That's the Orion constellation" Mattheo said, joining Alessia by the window. The girl looked at it, feeling a sense of serenity.

Mattheo knew exactly what captivated her gaze.

It was a beautiful sight.

"It's stunning" the girl said, enthralled by it completely. The stars were one of the little parts of her past she could cling onto.

"My mother is named after a star in this constellation. It means female warrior." He explained. The boy had such a way with knowledge that made Alessia's heart warm.

He had something to be truly passionate about.

"That's quite a name for your mother to live up to" she replied, with a small laugh, that echoed off the silent hauls, filing Mattheo's ears like a drug.

"I barely know her, but from what I remember, she had no problems on that front. Always fighting for what she believed"

"She sounds lovely" Alessia said, looking at the boy in admiration. Mattheo never mentioned his mother, so Alessia didn't want to press for information.

"She's in Azkaban, so not many would refer to her as lovely" the boy said, his face lacking a sense of emotion as he looked up at the constellation longingly.