Christmas Eve.1

It was the last day of school before the students would make their way home for the Christmas break

That only meant one thing. It was Christmas Eve, in the year of the Triwizard tournament, which bought a tradition to Hogwarts.

The Yule Ball.

Having missed out on a lot of time because of unpredictable circumstances, Alessia had barely any time to prepare herself for the ball. 

"You look amazing, Lyssie. Stop worrying" Pansy said, looking at the pair through the mirror.

Pansy was in a stunning black dress, her hair beautifully placed. She looked perfect.

Alessia huffed. She was pleased with her dress, but something felt wrong.

She felt disgusting.

Not in regard to her appearance, but her stomach retched every time she remembered the information she had recently learnt.

Her father took her memories.

She hadn't spoken to anyone since.

Not Mattheo, not her brother, not her friends. Especially not her father.

No one.

The whole situation was something she needed to figure out alone, but it seemed no matter how much time she had spent crying or reminiscing, nothing was making her feel better.

The girl had completely skipped her detention with Mad-eye Moody, which funnily enough, was one of the only things she didn't regret lately.

It was finally too much for the girl, knowing who allegedly took her memories, and now she had to entertain the obligation of this stupid dance, and push those thoughts away.

She had only mustered enough strength to talk to Pansy because she felt bad, staying silent.

Alessia's dress sleeves were slightly see through, to help her with warmth in the winter, but that meant if her skin was to glow purple, nothing would hide that.

Her dress was a deep shade of red, that matched perfectly with her complexion.
What was even more important, it was Mattheos favourite colour.

"I know this whole thing isn't ideal, but try to enjoy yourself" Pansy said with a tight lipped smile.

Alessia smiled appreciatively at her best friend's words.

Pansy truly was someone who knew exactly what to say. That was why Alessia had no worries explaining her situation.

"Do you think he will like the dress?" Alessia asked, referring to Mattheo, trying to cheer herself up by thinking of him.

Thoughts of him occupied her mind, in the most beautiful way possible.

He distracted her momentarily from the horrors that were haunting her.