alive again

Alessia had been trying to decide what to do all night.

She had little options, one including staying the whole Christmas break at Nott Manor, which might end up draining every last inch of life out of her.

The Christmas gift that Mattheo had given her, that turned out to be a port-key, was looking incredibly tempting, sat on Alessia's bedside table.

It would be an irrational decision, to use it, to see Mattheo, but the four walls surrounding her were tormenting the girl with their claustrophobic nature.

She needed to get out of this house.

She hadn't even unpacked since she got home from Hogwarts, and it had nearly been a week now.

A week without Mattheo. A week rotting in bed. A week wondering what she should think about her father.

The girl climbed out of bed, picking up a small rucksack, before shoving some clothes into it, not even thinking about what she was doing.

Perhaps she could go to see Mattheo and then come back home before her father and brother had even woken up.

Her eyes stared at the portkey gift, her temptation growing the more she thought about it. She already started packing a small bag, so there was no reason to give up now.

Alessia picked it up, running her fingers over the gold inscribed binding, her face lighting up from the magical glow it emitted.

She was going to go and see Mattheo. Finally.

The girl closed her bedroom door silently, making sure she wouldn't wake up Theo, whose room was mere inches apart from hers.

She turned around, ready to walk down the corridor, when the landing light suddenly turned on, shining the girl with reality.

Theo stood looking at her, his hand on the light switch, his face void of expression.

He looked down at the rucksack she was holding, before staring at the book Alessia was clinging onto, hugging it into her chest.

"What are you doing?" He asked calmly, making Alessia internally cringe. She didn't even consider it a possibility Theo might be awake.

When Alessia didn't answer Theo inhaled a sharp breath, rubbing his eyes, either in frustration or because he had enough.

"I'll be back in the morning" she told him, suddenly very nervous that their conversation might wake their father.

"That doesn't answer my question" Theo replied, squinting his eyes to look at the book she was holding. "Is that a portkey?" He asked.

Alessia's mouth opened slightly, perplexed that he could possibly figure that out from where he was stood.

Noticing her confusion, he explained.

"We are always given books that look just like that for when we need to go to Deatheater meetings." He told her. "You are going to see Riddle" Theo said with realisation.

Alessia nodded, feeling slightly disheartened that she was leaving Theo behind, with the knowledge she had gone to see his leader.

"I'll be back by morning" she repeated, reiterating her previous statement, as it obviously wasn't sinking in.

"What do you see in him?" Theo asked, making Alessia's eyes widen slightly. That was the last thing she was expecting him to ask.

He sighed before continuing.

"You are willing to leave your family in the night, without so much as a goodbye, so he must be special"

Alessia felt as if Theo had reached into her stomach and squeezed it tight, sending bile rising up into her throat.