embraced

Tw- mentions of feeling sick (for fellow people who have emetophobia)

Suddenly, The screaming stopped.

The silence made Alessia feel empty. Completley empty. She had just consumed this woman's magic, costing her her life.

The tears fell quickly, contradicting the ecstatic clapping coming from Lucius, and the other death eaters.

"Perfect" Lucius said "This will benefit the Dark Lord in ways you cannot begin to imagine"

Alessia drowned him out, left with the pounding of her heart, and the corruption flowing through her veins.

Alessia woke with a loud gasp, her brain pounding from the intensity of what she just saw.

The girl instantly panicked at the sudden remembrance of the memory, her heart dropping to her stomach when she realised what she had seen was real.

Every single second of it was real.

"What the fuck" she muttered under her breath, holding her head in her hands, biting back tears as she racked her brain for answers.

"Alessia" Mattheo said with a groan, bringing the girl back to reality.

She gasped when she realised the boy was slumped against the side of the sofa, his hand resting on his stomach, as if in pain.

He lifted up his shirt slowly with a wince, revealing a stream of purple veins, running down the side of his stomach in a perfect line.

Alessia placed her hand over her mouth in shock, feeling bile raise to her throat, as if she was about to wretch up her insides in disgust.

She was horrified.

The girl rushed to his aid, looking at his weakened complexion feeling nausea sweep over her.

"I'm so sorry" she said with a sob, feeling physically heartbroken at what she had caused him.

"I'm fine" he said, his voice rough as stone, "you didn't mean to hurt me" he assured her. The boys breathing was staggered and his forehead was beaded with sweat.

He was not fine.

Mattheos words didn't comfort Alessia in the slightest. Knowing what she was capable of, and what she had almost caused him, was devastating.

"I could have killed you" she sobbed, "you must be disgusted". The tears were uncontrollable. She didn't realise how much she cared for the boy, until she realised she might have lost him forever.

Mattheo felt awful, knowing how guilty Alessia must feel after finding out what she did. In Mattheo's opinion, his current state was the least of his worries.