Triwizard tournament part 1

It was the day everyone had either been dreading or anticipating.

The first round of the Triwizard tournament.

It was obvious, by the mounts of cheering that could be heard from the makeshift arena, that everyone was looking forward to this contest. Alessia, however, was spending it under the watchful gaze of Mattheo, who was now insisting on keeping a closer eye on the girl.

Pansy was stood next to her, giving Alessia some much needed female company, although, it wasn't the same without their third member, Astoria, who had been avoiding them.

It was quickly revealed that the first task would consist of each player attempting to retrieve a golden egg, that was guarded by a dragon. This excited pretty much everyone, as seeing a dragon was incredibly rare. Despite that, Alessia had to admit, she was nervous for the players.

"Hello ladies, either of you want to place a bet on your chosen player?" The voice of Fred Weasley said, the two twins now incredibly close to Pansy and Alessia, holding out betting slips in their face.

Alessia laughed, ready to write on a slip, knowing who she was rooting for, but a voice stopped her, making her body involuntarily freeze.

"Get lost Weasley" Mattheo said, snatching the betting slip out of Alessia's hand and shoving it back into the box.

"Don't get your pants in a twist Riddle, it's just friendly competition" George said, the two twins now looking excited at the chance to annoy Mattheo.

"I'm rooting for Harry, I'll pay you later" Alessia said to the twins with a smile, stepping in front of Mattheo, blocking his glaring look from the eyes of the redheads.

They both smiled a large toothy grin, before walking away, high fiving eachother, making both Pansy and Alessia laugh.

"Don't speak to blood traitors, Nott, I would have thought Riddle taught you better" Draco Malfoy said with a disgusted look on his face.

Alessia's family belonged to the sacred 28, but she never encouraged or involved her self in acts of blood supremacy, unlike Malfoy, who was widely prejudiced.

"Riddle has had no effects on my opinion, and I happen to like the twins" she replied with an equally bitter tone.

Having enough of them, Alessia tugged on Pansys sleeve, drawing her away from the group of boys, who were still glaring daggers into the Weasley twins who were attempting to gain bets from the people around.

The two girls didn't walk far before they were met with a large tent, that was attached to the rows of seats.

"Let's see what's in here" Pansy said with a small laugh, pulling Alessia through, leaving the crowds behind them.

The pair stopped in their tracks when they realised that the tent was essentially the waiting room for the players, all four of them looking at the two girls in confusion.

"Nott?" a familiar voice called, emerging from behind a small section of curtain, that seemed to be in place to give each contestant some space.

"Hello Potter" Alessia said with a small smile, feeling slightly awkward that she was inside the tent, where she probably wasn't meant to be.

Alessia's smile faltered when she noticed another lurking figure, the bright blonde curls and ridiculous outfit causing her to sigh. Alessia was, of course, referring to Rita Skeeter, who was eyeing up Alessia in intrigue.

The reporter scurried over, a floating notebook and pen following her behind. Skeeters movement was graceful, yet animalistic with a scary sense of desperation.

"And what do we have here?" She said with a toothy smile, the green shade of her dress causing Alessia's eyes to strain.

Pansy looked at Alessia in alarm, feeling increasingly awkward with the whole situation, not knowing what to say to this woman, who was staring the girls down with her beady eyes.

"Alessia Nott" she replied, trying to remain composed. Alessia's name sent recognition flowing over Skeeters face, her smile enlarging even more than before- if that was possible.

"Is that so? I went to school with your daddy. He was always moping around the castle looking sorry for himself" she said, placing a finger under her chin, as if lost in thought.

Alessia was going to reply, in defence of her father, but she was cut off by Mattheo who was pushed into the tent, stumbling in, looking, as per usual, pissed off.

"Well look who it is" Rita Skeeter said, gasping at the sight before her. Her smile turned into a smirk, staring at the boy with eyes that held a glint of playfulness.

"Let's go Nott. You too Parkinson" Mattheo instructed, placing his hand on the small of Alessia's back, ready to guide her away from the tent.

Pansy walked out of the awkward situation without question, pleased to just be waiting for her friend outside, instead of facing the likes of Skeeter.

The two remaining Slytherins suddenly squinted as a bright flashing light echoed in their eyes, followed by the loud sound of a click.

"There's nothing viewers love more than a scandalous love affair. This will even make the front page" Rita exclaimed, making Alessia and Mattheos faces drop.

"Delete it" Alessia said with a straight face, no amusement flashing across her features, unlike Rita who was ecstatic about the picture she had got of the two.

"Just envision this in the daily prophet. Son of dark lord throws away his dreadful past, in search of love, to fill the dark abyss of his heart."

If she wasn't such a bitch, Alessia might even think that the woman was talented. Talented at being a scheming manipulator.

The pen scribbled onto the woman's notepad at an immense rate, almost mocking the two students, who were evidently livid.

"Perhaps it would be wise for you to leave, Rita" Dumbledores voice echoed, snapping Alessia back to reality, realising all four contestants had been watching that scene unfold.

The woman gave Mattheo a wink before walking away, her stupid quill following behind.

Dumbledores face doubled in confusion when he noticed the two Slytherins, who obviously weren't meant to be there. Just one disappointed look from him sent Alessia scurrying out of the tent, Mattheo following behind.

Alessia's face lit up at the sight of Pansy, waiting outside of the tent nervously. She ran over, grabbing Alessias arm pulling her away. The Nott girl looked behind her, sending Mattheo one last look before running off with her friend.

"The first contestant is about to come out" Pansy informed her.

Good. Let the games begin.

A/N - is it too late to turn this into a Fred Weasley fic??

This was so fun to write. Rita pisses me off but you have to admit she's really funny.

Not much Alessia and Mattheo but we got some crumbs.

Love you all

Ellie 💌
Word count-1142