Chapter fifteen

Following the traumatic experience that was Mad-eye Moody's lesson, Alessia needed to get away.

Her feet carried her through the grounds of the school to the forbidden forest, where no student dared to enter. Little to the girl's knowledge, a certain dark haired boy was following her from a distance, keeping multiple paces between them so she didn't notice him.

Alessia felt a sense of ease wash over her as soon as she entered the forest, the silence and slight breeze from the wind offering her comfort.

The girl wandered for a while, absentmindedly lost in her own thought, until she found herself by an open stream, that was flowing with the clearest and purest water she had ever seen. It was the perfect place to take some time alone.

Mattheo watched the girl curiously from behind a tree, wondering what her intentions were by being in the forest, where no one really went.

"Go away, Riddle" Alessia called out from her seated position, startling the boy who was lost in thought, watching her.

"Don't be snarky, Nott, How did you know I was there?" He asked, walking over and sitting down next to her, admiring the water that the girl was transfixed on.

"I'm beginning to sense more than just people's past and future" she replied bitterly, not paying mind to his company. She could just feel Mattheos presence, like an aura radiating off him that she could pick up on.

He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, admittedly suprised by that.

"Why are you here Riddle" she asked the boy. He had been a little too close for comfort lately, and it was beginning to make Alessia feel unnerved, like he was planning something.

"I thought you might want to start getting those memories back" he said, not really softening his exterior, keeping his rigid demeanour intact.

Was she ready for that? Alessia still wasn't grasping or understanding her power, and after seeing that prophecy, her confusion had doubled. The memories would either clear everything up, or just leave her even more puzzled.

The other problem was that she didn't trust Mattheo. He had been awful to her, and one conversation on the astronomy tower wasn't going to make her forget what he had done to her and her brother.

"Get on with it then" she told him, a glimpse of a smile on her face. Her life would finally make sense once she filled in the missing pieces. She would have to place her trust in the boy just this once.

"It will be a long process, and I can't guarantee it will be pain free" he said, warning the girl.

Everything was working just how the Riddle boy wanted. The missing memories wouldn't just benefit Alessia, they would benefit the dark lord too.

A part of him wished this wasn't so easy, so that the girl had a chance to protect herself. Then he remembered his blood, and his mission. Remorse would have to be non existent.

"Take my hand" he instructed, grabbing Alessia's hand before she could reply, marvelling at how they fit together perfectly.

Alessia felt the surge of power instantly.

An indescribable feeling flooded through her entire body, making her gasp out, in shock of the foreign sensation. Mattheo began chanting inaudible words, that sounded like a fabricated language.

The wind began picking up around the two students, causing the trees to move and sway at an insane speed, leaves and dirt now swirling around the air.

This felt like really dark magic. It wasn't normal, for two fourth years to be performing such an intense and dangerous form of magic, but Alessia didn't even question Mattheo anymore, it was now common to be shocked by his insane ability. It was threatening.

"Focus on me" Mattheo told Alessia, increasing his hold on her hands.

Alessia couldn't even make sense of her surroundings anymore, all she could see was the earths remnants circling around her vision.

Without warning, Alessia let out a deafening scream, now becoming overcome with pain. It wasn't just her head hurting now, it was her whole body. Every fibre of her being was shrivling, and it was evident Mattheo knew that would happen, as he was now using his strength to support the girls body, gripping into her.

It was like no pain Alessia had ever felt before. Not even someone forcing themselves into her mind felt as strong as this. It was unbearable.

All of a sudden, the world stood still. The pain dispersed on Alessia's body, and the elements had returned to normal.

"Was something meant to happen?" She asked Mattheo, who looked just as confused as her.

The moment of calm didn't last long, because within a matter of seconds a wave of nausea ran over Alessia, making her feel violently dizzy, to the point she couldn't even tell where Riddle was situated.

"Nott" a voice shouted, presumably Mattheos.

Alessia slumped to the floor in a heap, flashing out of reality. She couldn't even hear the panicked voice of Mattheo who was shaking her and shouting, trying to get the girl to become fully conscious again.

Alessia felt her mind straining, like something was trying to barge itself in to her head.

Then a new memory played in her mind. One that wasn't there before.

A Young Alessia, barely 7, was walking through a large hallway, clinging onto her dad's hand for comfort.

"Be on your best behaviour, Alessia, we are about to meet some very important people" the strict and dulcet voice of Tiberius Nott told his daughter.

She was wearing her best dress. Her mother had dressed her, brushing her hair out with care and making sure she looked perfect.

Her father opened a door, revealing a large amount of people surrounding a long table, that flowed through the entirely of the large room.

"Ah, Tiberius, I see you have bought young Alessia with you" a man spoke, walking over to the pair and crouching down in front of the girl.

"Lucius Malfoy" the man said, holding out his hand for Alessia to shake.

She took his hand cautiously, being taught proper manners by her esteemed father from a very young age.

He smiled a toothy grin, that set Alessia on edge, before walking back to the table, taking his seat.

Alessia's father sat down next to the man, placing the young girl on his knee. The group of people were staring at her like she was prey, the bunch varying in appearance, yet they all had one thing in common. They all looked evil.

"Has Alessia inherited any of her mother's abilities?" A voice spoke from across the table, in a monotone, slow manner. The man had shaggy black hair, that appeared almost greasy.

"No, Severus and good riddance. I don't want her fraternising in any of that nonsense" Tiberius Nott replied.

"I can sense the power in her, Nott. You can't just ignore it" Snape said in a snarky way.

"For the last time. Alessia won't end up like her mother. I won't be encouraging any of it." Nott argued, his voice now raising.

Young Alessia was now becoming increasingly worried, and anxious at all the eyes that were on her and her father. Tears were threatening to spill, but she knew better than to show weakness.

"Might I suggest, that young Alessia spends some time with someone her own age?" The woman next to Lucius Malfoy said, presumably his wife.

A young boy trotted into the room paying no mind to the hoards of people in there.

"Alessia, this is Mattheo."

A/N- sorry this is sooo long!!

I hope this isn't confusing anyone.

More mattheo and Alessia content to come

Ellie 💌
Word count- 1293