Chapter nine

All Alessia needed to do was knock. One simple knock on the door was all it would take.

So why was that prospect causing her to feel so nervous?

Behind that door was the person who was going to hold her whole future in his hands.
Alessia hated that she had to do this, she despised how inferior she felt having to rely on the one person who she could never trust.

Knock

She had sealed her fate now, there was no turning back.

The door opened almost instantly, startling Alessia as she now had no time to rethink what she had just done.

Mattheos face lit up slightly when he saw Alessia stood outside of his room.

"I was wondering when you would show up" he said with a smirk, staring her down like he knew he had won. He was getting so much satisfaction from this moment, and Alessia hated him for it.

"Let's just get this over with" she said with a sigh.

He stepped to the side gesturing for her to enter his room, closing the door behind them with a satisfying click.

Alessia took the few seconds she had to observe her surroundings, marvelling at the sheer size of the room she was stood in. She didn't understand why Mattheo needed so much space to himself, all that was in there was a large bed and a desk, adorned with papers.

Other than that, it felt empty and unhomely.

"I assume you have made your decision then?" He asked, staring her down once again with those stalking eyes she knew all too well.

Alessia subconsciously rolled her eyes. Even his voice annoyed her.

"I'll do it" she said, attempting to keep her voice controlled, and unshaken.

He smiled at her words, a proper genuine smile.

"Let's get to it then" he said with a grin.

Mattheo rolled up the sleeves of his school shirt, before grabbing his wand from the desk in the corner of his room.

Alessia was so nervous, as she watched him prepare for what was to come, she played with the side of her shirt, holding onto it for some sort of protection.

Mattheo grabbed Alessia's arm with a gentle grasp, rolling up the sleeve on her left arm. She looked into his eyes, completely rethinking her decision as he began focusing on his role in transferring the mark into her arm.

"This will hurt" he said plainly, before pressing his hard, cold wand into her skin. Alessia instantly shrivelled in pain, the agony sending shockwaves through her entire body, like a thunderstorm of needles piercing into her skin with each movement.

She subconsciously gripped onto mattheos arm, holding onto it with a shocking grasp,using him as support for what she was feeling.

It was like a symphony of agony, with each note resonating through her nerves, intensifying with every movement she made. It felt like a storm of electric shocks, crackling across Alessia's body, moving from just one specific place on her body to her entire nervous system.

He removed his wand from her arm after what seemed like a whole hour of affliction. She stared down at the mark, touching it with her shaking hand. Mattheo stood observing her, almost feeling more powerful for what he had now done.

"This isn't the dark mark" Alessia said with confusion.

"No. it's my mark" Mattheo told her with a frustrating smirk.

"What are you talking about?" She questioned frantically, now panicking at his words, worrying she had gotten herself into something that would change her life in an even worse way than she had initially thought.

"You answer to me now, Nott" he told her.

Mattheos words felt like a sudden plunge into a deep, dark abyss.

It was as if the world around Alessia faded away, her senses became muffled as she tried to make sense of her situation. She was now backed into a corner, with no way of escaping from it.

"You bastard" she spat in a fit of anger.

She couldn't even begin to comprehend how much rage was building up inside of her at that very moment. She had stupidly decided to trust him, and now she was suffering the consequences.

Mattheo laughed, admiring his newfound control he had over the girl, his move was incredibly calculated and had worked in his favour.

"Don't worry, Nott, I'll keep my end of the bargain. We will get those memories back" he told her, still biting back a laugh.

She couldn't even be happy in that moment, at the prospect of her memories returning, because all she could now think about was the burning pain from her arm that would constantly remind her that she now followed Mattheo.

"You better be able to help me, Riddle, or I swear I will—"

"You'll what?" He said, cutting her off.

She knew her words were just empty threats, and it was clear he knew that too.

What did this mean for Alessia? She had no choice but to involuntarily follow Mattheo. She didn't even know he had his own followers up until this point.

"Is Theo your follower?" Alessia asked with a slight look of disgust.

He nodded simply, with a small smile plastered on his face.

"Why would he keep that from me?"

"I told him to." He told the girl with a deadpan expression. This whole time, Mattheo had his own network of followers, from his inner circle and it had gone completely unnoticed. Alessia just assumed they all fell at the feet of the dark Lord.

Trying to shed light on the situation, she realised that maybe this could be better than following Voldemort. Whilst the dark lord was still in hiding, regaining strength, Alessia had more time to learn about the groups weaknesses, ready to bring them down.

Starting with Mattheo.

It was time to get her memories back, and strengthen her mind so she could destroy them.

A/N- hey guys!! Sorry this is quite short, very busy week!
I know it's not a usual storyline, but in this Mattheo has his own dark mark, and own death eaters. Think of it as bringing them up for the real deal!

That's all from me, let me know what you think!

Ellie💌
Word count- 1050