rewrite the stars

When Mattheo said he knew a place, he was not bluffing.

The boy lead Alessia to a small clearing in the woods, where the moonlight shone through the trees, illuminating the space, giving direct view of all the stars.

The air was fresh, in the most beautiful way, the coldness of winter brushing over their faces like a breath of fresh air.

The two students laid on their backs, the ground offering a surprising comfort, as they looked up at the sky.

The stars never held any meaning to the girl previously, but seeing one simple memory made her view everything differently.

Alessia decided to break the silence.

"You were in my memory" she told the boy nervously, not entirely sure how well he would react. After all, he probably remembered their time together perfectly, whereas she knew nothing.

Mattheo turned to face the girl, a curious look crossing across his features. The dim lighting of the clearing making him look ethereal.

"Yes, there will be a few of those" he said with a low laugh, sitting up slightly, still transfixed on the sky.

Mattheo's words made Alessia really think about what she was missing out on. The girl couldn't even describe how conflicted she felt.

She wanted to know more about her past with Mattheo.

"Why didn't you tell me that memories of you had been taken?" She asked, a glimpse of hurt on her features. It was hard for her to come to terms with the situation.

Mattheo looked back to the sky, so he didn't have to look into the girls eyes.

"It's the memories about your abilities that you should be interested in" He said simply, shrugging his shoulders.

Alessia hated how closed off he was sometimes, and wished he would just relax and feel comfortable in her presence.

"That's my life, Mattheo, I want to know about it all, even if you are in it" She explained.

Alessia wondered, if perhaps, he was scared for her to remember.

In a twisted way, she had left all those moments with him behind, even though it wasn't her choice.

Whoever removed her memories, would never see the good side of Alessia, ever again. When she found out, all hell would be unleashed.

"In the grand scheme of the wizarding world, an old friendship isn't nearly as important as what your power will hold" He told her, with his usual blank expression.

"Show me" She suggested, turning her body to face the boy, a small smile plastered on her face.

"Let me use my power on you, to get a glimpse of our past. I need to practice anyway"

Mattheo looked hesitant, looking down at the ground in attempts to, yet again, avoid her gaze.

After some deliberation, he made his decision.

"Fine. I'll use some of my magic to strengthen yours" he told her, holding out his hand, sending a wave of Deja-vu over her.

Alessia interlocked her fingers with Mattheos, instantly feeling the warmth of his body transferring to hers, filling her with a euphoric sensation.

The intertwining of the two powers sent shockwaves flowing through both of them, the mix of dark and pure magic working so perfectly together, even though they held different attributes.

The moment was intimate, and a metaphorical connection that was forging between the students.

It was beautiful. Their magic was beautiful. Alessia didn't want to let go of the moment, worried she would never be filled with such completion ever again.

A flash of images played through the Seers mind, her powers limiting to simple visions, but what she saw would keep her happy for days to come.

Alessia had been dragged to many death eater meetings, still not understanding why she was needed there whilst her father conversed about subjects that were too "grownup" for Alessia to understand.

It was evident from the progression of Alessia's time there, that she was beginning to look forward to going, so that she could see Mattheo.

Even the simple array of images that Alessia's Seer abilities picked up on were joyous to see.

The two children spent hours on end together, over the span of months, watching the stars, or simply enjoying each other's company.

They looked happy. Genuinely happy.

It made Alessia wonder what went wrong along the way, why the two grew apart, why they supposedly hated each other.

Alessia and Mattheo also had Draco, who was a conservative boy, often keeping to himself, but the three bonded in ways that wouldn't be comprehensible to their parents.

It quickly became evident that Alessia and Mattheo grew closer due to how similar they were.

Being young, all they cared about was friendship, and although they didn't fully understand the scale of it, their connection took away the burden their parents left behind.

The bond between Mattheo Riddle and Alessia Nott was perfect.

Alessia disconnected herself from Mattheos mind, easing them both away from the effects of the magic that passed between them.

It physically hurt Alessia, knowing how much had been taken from her. It was not only the scale of her magic, but a whole connection with a boy she barely knew.

Alessia didn't know what to say to Mattheo. They were both still wrapped in the distant memories, clinging onto them, in the midsts of the silence.

"I'm sorry if my magic felt intrusive, I still don't have much grasp over it" Alessia said in an apologetic tone, meeting the glassy eyes of Mattheo, who looked taken aback by his revisit to the past.

"Your magic is beautiful" He told the girl, a glimpse of a smile on his face.

This was a breakthrough, in Alessia's opinion, in cracking open Mattheos hard exterior, and creating a passage into his true character.

Alessia was desperate to find the good in him, it was so close to her grasp, she just needed to figure him out, and trust him.

"You're not as bad as they say, Riddle" Alessia told the boy with a playful smile on her face.

He looked at her, his stomach feeling as if it was twisting into knots at her words.

"Don't speak too soon" he replied an equally elated expression on his face.

Alessia laughed with him, soaking in these moments, where she was taken away from his questionable past, and met with his bright future.

It was all well, growing closer to someone who you never saw yourself associating with, but Mattheo knew, there was some truth to his words.

Don't speak too soon.

A/N- ew. Just ew.

That's all

Ellie 💌
word count- 1101