Chapter eight

Alessia was in desperate need of advice.

Not the type of advice that simply anyone could give her, she needed to speak to the one person that always knows what to say to make her feel better.

She knocked on Theo's door, hands shaking by her side in panic, hoping that it was only him in the room and none of his stupid death eater friends.

The girl hadn't slept all night, she didn't know whether it was the events of the party that kept her up or the decision she had to make.

"If I'm correct about this, Nott, you are exactly what we need to bring Voldemort back to power, and win the war. The choice is yours"

Was it really worth sacrificing her freedom and abandoning her morals in return for him bringing back her memories? It could help her properly understand everything. But Alessia didn't know whether Mattheo would stay true to his word.

She would need to learn to trust him.

Theo opened the door looking down at his sister in worry once he saw her eyes that were raw from crying.

"I really need your help" she said softly.

Alessia hadn't seen Theo in a while, but after finding out he had become a death eater, her initial anger had now turned into sympathy. At the end of the day, they were twins, they had grown up together, and nothing would break that between them.

"Of course, come in" he said, closing the door behind them. The twins sat down on his bed, and in that moment Alessia was so grateful for her brother.

"Before you say anything, I know what Mattheo offered you" Theo spoke, slight catching Alessia off guard. Of course he knew, he was one of his followers now.

"What should I do Theo" She asked, holding back the storm of tears that threatened to spill.

The choice felt like a heavy weight on Alessia's chest, squeezing her heart tightly. It was like a deep ache that filled every corner of her being, making it hard to breathe.

"Being a death eater isn't so bad" He told her comfortingly. "there's just a little less freedom and more responsibility. Other than that, it just feels like I'm normal."

He was lying.

Being a death eater changed him in ways that not even Alessia would be able to comprehend. The light was taken from him almost instantly, and it took distancing himself from his own sister to protect her from that.

"The only issue I have is the stupid mark being there as a constant reminder"

"Can I see it?" She asked softly pointing to his forearm where the mark would be placed. Theo shifted uncomfortably in his seated position, suddenly feeling completely self conscious and dissociated from his own body.

He rolled up his sleeve, slowly, with a slightly shaken hand. It wasn't something he was proud of, but he felt safe around his sister. He felt like she wouldn't judge him and that he could openly admit his wrongdoings around her.

Alessia felt like breaking down at the sight of the dark mark. It wasn't just the permanent reminder etched into his skin that distressed her, but there were countless scratches surrounding it, his skin raw and red. Theo had tried to dislodge the mark from his arm with his bare hands.

He pulled the sleeve back down quickly, before taking a deep breath.

"Riddle doesn't trust people enough to tell me everything, but I know that getting those memories back is the most important thing you can do right now. I barely know what's going on, but judging from how much mattheo has prioritised this, I would say it's major" he told his sister.

What he was saying made sense. There were so many unanswered questions that could be solved by returning the memories that were removed. She didn't know who took them and why, so this was the perfect opportunity to find out.

"I don't want to join him Theo" Alessia said with a shaky breath.

"You need to do this"

Her first lesson in strengthening her mind powers with Snape was that very evening, and if it worked like she hoped, then joining the death eaters may be the one way to bring them down.

She didn't know what she might be capable of. She didn't remember what she was capable of. Someone had removed those very memories for a reason, and the only smart move would to be to accept Mattheos offer and learn everything she needed to know about herself.

How do you get the one person who doesn't trust anyone to trust you?

"Promise me one thing, Theo, Riddle can't know what I'm doing, you have to keep it to yourself"

"I wouldn't dream of telling him"

Alessia smiled at her brother, he was one of the only people she fully trusted.

She stood up with a sigh, preparing herself for what she needed to do.

It was time to talk to the devil himself.

A/N- little filler chapter for you all, I'm trying to establish some relationships but there will be ALOT of mattheo and Alessia coming up

Pls don't forget to vote!!!
Ellie 💌
Word count- 874