Nott manor

The train ride to King's Cross station was insufferable

Alessia was incredibly bored, staring out the window, dreading every minuscule metre they edged closer to London. It didn't help that Mattheo was in one of his deatheater meetings, in a separate carriage.

Pansy made good company. When she was actually awake.

So for a long time, all Alessia had to entertain herself was the thoughts of when she got home and Pansy's obnoxious snoring.

Alessia came to the conclusion she should be grateful that Mattheo didn't force her to attend the meetings, but even that would have been more entertaining than this.

After what felt like forever the train came to a stop, signalling they arrived back in London. The girl sighed, gently waking Pansy up before collecting her belongings.

She opened the carriage door, not paying mind to her surroundings as she hauled her large trunk through the door.

"Lyssie" a voice said from behind her, startling the girl, making her jump. She was half expecting it to be Mattheo, so her face dropped ever so slightly when she realised it wasn't.

It was her brother.

"You scared me, Theo" Alessia said with a sigh, still hauling her trunk out. She hadn't seen him in a long while, and after finding out he was on a search to weaken her magic, it wasn't an entirely friendly encounter.

He grabbed hold of her case, picking it up alongside his own with ease, sending her a smile.

"It seems like we have some catching up to do" Theo said with an awkward expression. If he wasn't holding the cases in both hands, he would probably be anxiously fiddling with his clothes.

"That's an understatement" she replied with a dry laugh.

They walked out of the train, the coldness of London hitting their faces instantly. Alessia scanned the crowd, looking for her father, but luckily, she couldn't see him just yet.

"Have you seen Mattheo?" Alessia asked her brother with a frown on her face. She hoped to say goodbye one last time before they went separate ways.

Theo shook his head, whilst walking onto the platform, still hauling the mounts of luggage they had bought with them. Life would be so much easier if they just stayed at Hogwarts.

"What a lovely surprise" a low voice said from behind the girl, his tone dragged out, increasing the fear in her. Alessia turned around, her face dropping when she met familiar grey eyes.