lost time.

Alessia woke, her vision blurred from the intensity of the unexpected memory that had been thrown upon her

Her surroundings were familiar, for once, as she realised she was in the comforts of her own dorm, in her own bed.

There was a glimpse of sun shining through her window, which was rare, due to the extremity of the winter they were facing. The girl saw the bright beams at a symbol of hope.

She looked around the room, sighing to herself when she realised that the other two beds were empty, with no sign of her friends.

She, was, however, startled, when her bathroom door opened, revealing the last person she was expecting to see.

"Hey, you're awake" Theo said with a large smile, walking over to his sister, a glass of water in his hand, which he placed on her bedside table.

Without wasting a moment, Alessia climbed out of the bed, ignoring her pounding headache, embracing her brother in a bone crushing hug.

Theo laughed at his sister's affection, returning the sentiment, holding her tight, not once thinking of letting her go.

Alessia pulled back, before hitting her brother on the chest.

"Where the fuck have you been?" She asked, making Theo put his hands up, in surrender, biting back a laugh at how angered his sister had suddenly become.

"Slow down, Lyssie, you've been unconscious for quite some time" he explained, worry crossing his face, making the girls expression drop slightly.

Her demeanour instantly shifted from annoyance to fear. She had only ever been unconscious for a matter of hours, but Theo's tone sounded serious.

"How long?" Alessia asked, bracing herself for the answer that was to come.

Theos face was incredibly awkward. He fiddled with the sleeve of his jumper, something Alessia always did when she was worried.

"You've been unresponsive for two weeks" he replied, with a wince. Alessia's heart practically took a pause, the shock controlling her physicality. She didn't even know what to think.

2 weeks.

Alessia placed her hand over her mouth, doing something, doing anything, to feel better about the situation.

"They only agreed to move you here after the first week because the hospital wing was overcrowded" Theo explained, placing his hand on Alessia's forearm, to offer his comfort.

Alessia exhaled an exasperated breath.

"It's fine. Atleast I'm awake now" she said, trying to add light to the situation, finding a positive to overshadow the mounts of negatives.

The pair sat down on the girls bed, enjoying the comfort of each others company. They had barely seen each other. Alessia rested her head on Theo's shoulder, savouring the moment.