oh, father.

It was late at night, before the last day of term

It was late at night, before the last day of term. Alessia had grown accustomed to spending the majority of the night staring at the stars, as it reminded her of what little memory she had of Mattheo.

He often joined her, simply because they enjoyed each other's company, but also to keep an eye on her.

Let's just say, their sleep schedule was fucked.

The pair were sat on the astronomy tower, staring at the stars, which were prominent in the clear sky. Christmas was fast approaching, so it wasn't exactly the warmest of evenings, but that didn't matter.

Alessia rested her head on Mattheos shoulder, feeling completely at peace.

They had been spending a lot of time together, and it was a beautiful feeling, to experience such a unique bond.

Alessia hadn't seen much of their past as friends, but she knew that it would just get better and better when she did.

Mattheo felt a sense of peace for once in his life, just like he did when he had Alessia's friendship to fall back onto in his youth.

He felt free.

"Do you think you will go home for Christmas?" Mattheo asked her softly, his eyes still situated on the stars.

Alessia didn't really want to think about that.

The Yule Ball was on Christmas Eve, but after that, the students were free to go home to their families for the rest of the holiday.

"Father wants me to, but I'm not entirely keen to see him" she replied, hugging her arms around her body to trap some heat around her, as it was incredibly cold.

Mattheo nodded his head, completely understanding.

"Me too. The Malfoy's aren't my blood so I don't really look forward to staying there" Mattheo explained, levelling with the girl.

The boy wrapped his arm around Alessia, holding her close. His emotions towards her were incredibly awe inspiring, but also underestimated by Alessia. She used to be his bestfriend and the one person he could rely on.

No one thought to check how he felt about the fact she remembered none of it.

"How's your stomach?" Alessia asked, making the boys expression neutralise. She was of course, referring to the stream of purple that her magic had left on his skin.

Although he managed to dim the effects, there was still a small remembrance of the affair, Alessia's magic sticking with him in some way or form.

The boy lifted up his top, revealing the mark she had left behind.

It was very faint, but anyone could tell that the purple streak was looming over him, as a constant reminder.

Alessia felt awful.