Chapter three

Alessia laid on the grass overlooking the black lake, Pansy and Astoria by her side. It was their favourite part of the school grounds, a place where few students went, meaning it was peaceful and they could talk interrupted.

"It feels weird that we are in fourth year now" Pansy spoke, breaking the silence. The two girls agreed with their friend, they had grown up together, and the fact their time at Hogwarts was coming to a close in a matter of years was a fact that Alessia didn't wish to comprehend.

"It feels like we should be staying here for so much longer" Astoria said simply, making Alessia feel a sense of sadness at the thought.

"I heard that they are hosting the triwizard tournament at hogwarts this year" Pansy spoke, sparking a curiosity in Alessia.

"Do you think anyone will be stupid enough to sign themselves up for it?" She asked her friends.

She could definitely think of one person.

"Riddle and his bunch of idiots" Pansy said, speaking Alessia's thoughts. The three laughed at that- It was definitely in the slytherin boys nature to put themselves forward for this type of contest- the glory would definitely appeal to them.

"Riddle just wants a chance to prove that he has the upper hand on everyone at the school" Astoria said, which Alessia agreed on without a doubt.

"I had the weirdest interaction with him today" Alessia stated and at the mention of this, the interests of Pansy and Astoria became sparked. They were often kept in the loop of her hatred fuelled conversations with Mattheo, so frequently it became common conversation.

"He somehow knew about the fact I know occlumency" she told them, which made Pansy visibly shift uncomfortably in her position. She shared a glance with Astoria, the two clearing their throats awkwardly, which only increased the confusion Alessia was feeling.

Alessia had no choice but to tell Astoria and pansy about her hidden talent in third year, she couldn't keep secrets from her two closet friends.

"You should stay away from him, Alessia, they say you-know-who is back. And even though occlumency isn't incredibly rare, if Mattheo has taken an interest in you it probably isn't for good reasons" Pansy explained, seemingly anxious with the situation.

Her words held reason, everything Mattheo did was skillfully executed, so that he could end up just where he wanted to be. Alessia nodded at Pansys words, thankful to have friends who could offer reasonable opinions. Astoria kept quiet during their discussion, her eyes filled with worry.

"I invited Enzo over here by the way" she said suddenly, making Alessia and Pansy furrow their eyebrows in utter confusion. Astoria wasn't acting herself, and her oddity had been activated as soon as Alessia bought up Mattheo.

Like she had said, Enzo arrived some minutes later, Blaise and Draco following closely behind. Alessia's nerves subconsciously increased at their presence, as in her eyes, their involvement with Mattheo made them untrustworthy just by association.

The boys sat down beside the three friends, arms full of drinks and food, making themselves comfortable, in the previously solitary spot that the girls had aimed to keep a secret. Enzo passed Alessia a flask, which she graciously accepted, drinking the sweet tasting liquid without a second thought. Pansy watched Alessia with a sense of nervousness in her body language, whilst Astoria was staring into the distance, not a single thought behind her eyes.

"I'm surprised you managed to keep this place a secret for so long" Enzo said, breaking the silence between the small group. Alessia waited for her friends to reply, not being keen with speaking with the boys. She looked at her two silent friends, with an addled look, taken back by their uncharacteristic behaviour. They would usually jump at the chance to converse with the three boys, but they were just sat in silence, caught in their own thoughts.

Something was bothering them.

"Well what brings you three here then?" Alessia asked, trying to dilute the tension in the air. Blaise chuckled slightly under his breath, subtle enough for no one to really pick up on. Out of worry, Alessia took another drink of the alcohol Enzo had given her, in attempts to take her mind off what was happening.

"Not much really, we just wanted to spend some time with our three favourite Slytherins" Draco said simply, his tone laced with sarcasm.

Alessia scoffed at that, the insincerity of Draco's statement being almost laughable.

Alessia's eyes scanned the three boys, her eyesight slowly becoming slightly blurred. The group started talking amongst themselves, unaware that Alessia was slowly loosing grips on her eyesight. Her surroundings began warping into a mess of indistinguishable shapes, which made her head swarm with thoughts, the feeling being seemingly painful.

"Pansy I don't feel good" she said in barely a whisper, which made Pansys expression turn into one of worry. Alessia's head was now throbbing in pain, causing her to drop Enzo's flask that she had drank from onto the floor. She winced at the sharpness of the feeling that was swarming through her mind and her limbs began to grow limp, as if she had no control of her body.

"We will take it from here" a voice said, which she tried her best to place with one of the people sat beside her. Alessia's now fogged brain failed to properly decipher what was happening, all she could do was wait for her body to give out beneath her, as a result of whatever was occurring.

The last thing she comprehended before slumping onto the floor unconsciously, was a pair of strong arms lifting her off the comforting grass, carrying her away.

A/N- hey loves sorry this took so long to upload I'm in the middle of a-level mocks atm! I have big plans for Alessia.. and there is a small hint in this chapter.

Can anyone guess what it might be?
If anyone is confused- Alessia and mattheo are in fourth year- the same age as harry etc. this is taking place during goblet of fire 🫣
See you all again on the next chapter
Pls votteeee💌💌