Chapter twenty-two

Following the events that had happened, with Alessia spontaneously activating a memory, Theo had rushed her to Mattheos dorm, as requested.

He knocked frantically on the door, suprising himself at his manners, convinced he should have just barged straight in.

The inside of his room went silent with the knock, causing Alessia's body to freeze over, the shift in atmosphere becoming incredibly uncomfortable.

The twins could hear shuffling and voices inside the room, before the door swiftly opened, revealing Enzo. A grin appeared on his face when he saw Alessia, it slightly faltering when he saw her sickening state.

"Riddle, I think you better deal with this one" the boy said awkwardly, frowning at the sight before him.

Mattheo appeared moments later at the doorway, his demeanour changing as soon as he saw the girl, her paling skin and weak complexion startling him.

"Berkshire, get the others to leave the room" Mattheo said simply, keeping his gaze on Alessia.

"But we only just started the meeting" Enzo said in a whisper, looking completely confused.

"Did I stutter? Get them out." Riddle said, now with a harshness in his tone, annoyance and frustration lacing his words.

He clenched his jaw as Enzo stared at him dumbfounded, before he went to the others, who were listening to the conversation, not very subtly.

The boys walked out of the room looking at Alessia in perplexion, not even attempting to conceal how nosy they were being. Alessia caught the eye of Draco, who looked almost relieved that he had been sent out the room, away from their meeting.

Alessia's head was pounding, and as she leant on her brother's body for support, she thought she was hallucinating through the pain.

She thought she was hallucinating Mattheo, whose eyes were burning holes into hers from his place against the doorway.

She thought she was hallucinating as a girl walked closely behind Blaise, staring at the floor, trying to cover her face.

Despite this girls efforts, Alessia could recognise her from a mile away, and it was evident she knew that too.

"What the fuck Astoria" Alessia said in barely a whisper, the burn of her voice showing through, highlighting her weakness.

Astoria looked incredibly guilty as she met the eyes of her best friend, who looked weak and fragile. It broke the girls heart to know that the truth was finally out in the open.

"Run along now Greengrass" Mattheo said with a smirk, soaking in the revelation, living through the satisfaction.

When the group of death eaters were out of sight, Mattheo made his way over to Alessia, who looked mere moments away from collapsing, picking her up, taking her into his room.

Theo trailed closely behind, closing the door behind them, rushing to his sister's side.

"Get out Theo" Mattheo spat, whilst placing Alessia gently onto the side of his bed, where she slumped onto comfortably, instantly feeling the comfort, like a massive weight had been removed from her shoulders.

"Fuck no. She's my sister, I'm staying" Theo replied, once again, standing his ground against Mattheo, who was scanning Alessia trying to figure out what was wrong.

"Get out, don't make me ask you again" he ordered, which shut Theo up pretty quickly. He decided to hesitantly leave the room, nervous about leaving his sister in there unprotected and weak.