do me the honours?

Alessia sighed, crossing her arms over her chest, bored at the lesson she was being forced to sit through.

However, it wasn't a normal lesson.

This was organised by Professor Mcgonagall, to introduce the students to the Triwizard tournament tradition.

The girls were on one side of the room, a mix of Slytherin and Gryffindor, the same on the opposite side, with the boys.

They were all looking either terrified or uninterested by the prospect of the tradition.

Mcgonagall silenced the hall with a click of her fingers.

"The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament since its inception. On Christmas Eve night, we and our guests gather in the Great Hall for a night of well mannered frivolity" She explained.

A lot of the girls around Alessia were itching in excitement, practically jumping up and down, but the boys, especially the Slytherins, looked indifferent to the tradition.

"As representatives of the host school, I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward" The proffesor chastised, glaring at the male students, who all turned away from her peircing gaze.

"The Yule ball, is first and foremost a dance"

Alessia couldn't even count the number of groans that erupted around the hall, as there was so many. It seemed, a dance was not what everyone was expecting.

"Silence. I will not have you, in the course of a single evening, besmirching this schools name by behaving like a babbling bumbling band of baboons" She said, sternly, making Alessia attempt to hold back a laugh.

"Do you reckon she practiced that before coming in here?" Pansy said with a laugh, causing Mcgonagall to glare at her, which silenced the girl very quickly.

Alessia caught Mattheos eye across the room, he looked incredibly bored, but that didn't stop him from sending her a playful wink, which made her roll her eyes.

Alessia drowned out most of the lesson, including the comedic moment when Ron Weasley was chosen to be the professors dance demonstration.

It wasn't until Mcgonagall set the students a task, that Alessia became slightly interested.

"Everyone choose a partner, boys on your feet!" She announced.

The girls stood up hurriedly, but the boys only began standing up when Neville Longbottom decided to find himself a partner.

"Do me the honours?" Enzo asked Alessia, a mischievous smile on his face, holding out his hand to the girl.

Without a chance to respond, Mattheo stepped into view, his distinguishable glare directing daggers into Enzo.

"I think we both know that wouldn't be wise, Berkshire" he said with a bite to his tone,  his anger focused straight at the fellow Slytherin.

Enzo's face dropped, as if suddenly remembering whose company he was in. He quickly decided to walk away from the girl, leaving her alone with Mattheo who was tracking the boy, making sure he stayed far away.

"Let's get this over with then" Mattheo said to Alessia, placing his hand on the small of her back, leading her to the dance floor without waiting for a response.

She caught the eye of her brother, who was staring at her in confusion, and shock. She shook her head softly, knowing it would be best to just talk to him, instead of interrupting his dance.

"Theo seems to have found himself a girl" Alessia said with a laugh, shocked at how easy it had been for him to find a partner, especially one who was willing to dance with him.

Mattheo looked over to where Alessia was referencing to, staring the pair up and down, evaluating the match.

"Ana Rosier. At least she's a pureblood" Mattheo told her with a glimpse of a smile. Alessia felt elated for her brother, hoping that this pairing was more than just a dance partnership.

Alessia was bought back to the reason they were there, to dance, Mattheo already looking at her, his eyes holding a beautiful glint.

Now stood in the middle of the dance floor, multiple eyes on them, Mattheo placed his hand onto Alessia's waist, making her inhale a sharp breath.

"Relax, it's for the dance" he said in a whisper.

Alessia was sure that blush was rising onto her cheeks, making her feel slightly embarrassed. She shouldn't be feeling this way around him.

The two interlocked hands, mimicking the other students who were dancing around the hall awkwardly.

The music flowed through Alessia's body, sending her into a trance like state, alone with the tempo, and the embrace of the boy stood before her, who was insistent on staying as close to the girl as physically possible.

"This isn't so bad" Alessia said to the boy, "I never would have expected to be dancing with you though"

"Who else would I let come this close to you? and besides, I thought you were starting to enjoy my company" Mattheo said with a grin, looking down at the girl, admiring her beauty.

"I still don't trust you, Riddle, but I must admit, I am no longer repulsed by your company" she replied, a constant smile etched into her features when she was around him.

"I have that effect on people" he told her with a cocky smirk.

"Students keep looking at us" Alessia said nervously, aware of all the eyes that were evaluating the unusual pair.

It made sense, the two wouldn't even look in each other's directions at the start of the year, now they were inches apart, dancing without a care.

"Let them look" Mattheo said, making Alessia's heart flutter.

It wasn't just the students stares that worried Alessia, because she caught sight of Professor Snape, who had come to assist Mcgonagall.

He was staring the pair down with a worried expression on his face.

She tried her best to ignore his gaze, but the amount of times he had shown up in her memories meant she was constantly wondering his role in her life.

He knew something. The look he was giving her spoke a thousand words.

"I've got to go" Alessia said, filled with nerves. Mattheo looked at her in confusion, as she removed herself from his hold.

The girl walked away from the crowd, out of Snape's sight, into the empty hallway.

It was frustrating, how easily her mood shifted. Her powers were now having effects on her behaviours, and it felt awful.

"Alessia, what's wrong?" A soft voice called, walking towards the girl.

Alessia was grateful for the concern. It was relieving to know people cared about her.

That was until she saw who was stood in front of her.

Astoria.

A/N- shoutout to my best friend ansttat who was desperate to be in my fic
so she is a side character Ana Rosier 🤩

Love u ana!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Ellie💌
Word count- 1134