Chapter four

Not many things had happened to Alessia during her time at Hogwarts. The most dangerous or life threatening occurrences happened to the so called "golden trio". It was hard for Alessia to think that danger wasn't destined for her too whilst she was tied to a chair, a group of death eaters stood around her, Mattheo riddle proudly at the front.

Now she genuinely felt fear and Hogwarts couldn't protect her anymore.

Alessia struggled against the confinements of the ropes around her body, trying to stay awake, the pounding ache in her head still dulling her senses.

"I wouldn't do that if I was you" Mattheo said, a cocky tone lacing his words. He was admiring this moment like it was the last good thing that would ever happen to him. It seemed he strived off the suffering and vulnerability of others, as if it made him feel more powerful.

"How did I get here" Alessia groaned, the last thing she remembered was passing out by the black lake, all further memories were void.

"Don't take drinks from one of Riddle's followers" Enzo chuckled, holding up the flask that Alessia had drank from without a second thought. She mentally cursed her inability to sense danger, it was weird enough that the boys had joined them earlier that day, she should have known something was wrong just from that.

"Here's what's going to happen" Mattheo said, crossing his arms over his chest. The little light surrounding the mould ridden room made him look even more dangerous than usual. Alessia was never scared of him before, but she had to admit, the control he had in this helpless situation worried her.
"Under instruction I've been watching you for quite some time. You aren't a normal witch, so you are going to tell me exactly what you are right now" he demanded.

Alessia could have laughed if she wasn't under a serious amount of threat. He sounded ridiculous, prying into her life as if she was special. Alessia knew that she had some advanced abilities In certain fields but surely that didn't make her special enough to be watched by the son of the most feared tyrant in the wizarding world.

"You sound insane. I don't know what you are talking about" Alessia told him with a shaky voice, remaining entirely truthful. Mattheo sighed at her words, obviously not believing her. With a single click of his fingers, a man that Alessia didn't recognise stalked towards her, a predatory sense to his movement. He roughly grabbed her face from behind, holding her in place with a brutal force. Alessia winced out in pain, struggling against his grasp. The strength of this man was no match for Alessia, all she could do was sit back and watch her fate be served to Mattheo Riddle on a silver platter.

Mattheo crouched down to Alessia's level, his face remaining void of any expression. There was the same identifiable hatred swimming in his eyes, but in the midst of her distress, Alessia didn't care about that. All she cared about was preparing herself from whatever Riddle was going to try and do.

All in a split second, an agonising pain made its way into Alessia's head, a pain she knew all too well. He was trying to invade her mind again even after she proved her defensive skills in that field. To her horror, Mattheo entered effortlessly, clawing away at her memories, scanning through them with ease. Alessia strained her mind, attempting with great struggle to push him out, but she couldn't. Everything from her physical state to her mental one was weak, too weak to perform even the seemingly simple act of occlumency. The pain of Mattheo ripping through her mind looking at whatever he pleased was too much, tears were now staining her cheeks at the hands of his ruthlessness. She knew how it felt to have someone use legilimency on her, but it wasn't meant to be at this level of pain and torture.

Alessia let out a gasp when Mattheo finally removed himself from her mind, the anguish diminishing slightly, letting her breathe normally for what felt like the first time in centuries.

"He's removed all the memories" she heard Mattheo say angrily, whilst storming away from the girl. the death eaters who were in the room alongside the Slytherin boys from her year talked amongst themselves, failing to notice Alessia regaining her composure. No fear flooded through her veins now, just anger. Mattheo had no right invading her mind in such a ruthless way, even if he didn't find anything. She attempted to push away the weakness that had been bestowed upon her mind, focusing her vision on the back of Mattheos head. She streamlined her mind solely to his, using legilimency to enter his memories. His mind was strong, a lot stronger than anyone else in this room, but Alessia was determined to get her own back, forcing herself in his mind like he did to hers.

To her utter suprise, she was flashed into a memory that was cleverly masked right in the depths of his mind.

"Please leave me alone" a young Mattheo riddle called out, running through the halls of a large house, that was filled and adorned with grand decoration. The young Mattheo ran with a sense of urgency, like he was afraid of something looming behind him.

"You have to learn that you cannot just disobey, Mattheo" a devious voice called out. The voice sent a shiver down Alessia's spine, its chilling sense of calmness juxtaposing its intentions.

Mattheo was now screaming, crying and writhing in utter fear. The figure was growing closer, catching up with the boy easily.

"You don't disobey your father, Mattheo, and you know what happens when you do that" the voice now said.
Mattheo tripped, crashing to the floor in a cry. The figure looked over the young boy in disgust, looking down upon him in a demeaning way. Mattheo shuffled back into the wall, clawing against it with panic.

"Crucio"

Alessia was ripped away from the memory at the feeling of a strong hand wrapping itself around her neck with immense forced. She gasped for air, looking into the furious eyes of Mattheo who looked ready to kill her.

"If my father wasn't interested in you, I would rip the life away from you right here, right now" he seethed, tightening his grip around her neck. With her hands restrained, all Alessia could do was struggle against him, watching her vision and life itself deteriorating under his grip.

"Riddle, stop" Dracos voice called out, which snapped Mattheo out of his trance, removing his hand from her neck instantly.

Alessia gasped for air, ignoring Mattheo who was still glaring into her soul. She coughed out, trying to overcome the overwhelming feeling of death that shadowed over her.

"Never do that again, if you value your life" he warned her. Alessia fully believed his words, she knew this changed everything now she had seen that memory. He would hate her even more, and make it his personal mission to destroy her.

"Are you ready to tell me what the hell is going on?" Alessia shouted at him, the burn in her throat making it come out in a normal tone.

She scanned the faces of the people in the room, seeking an answer from one of them. She needed to know why they were so interested in her- why Mattheo, who had hated her since first year, felt the need to put this much effort into her.

Alessia's heart dropped into her stomach when her eyes met the ocean blue ones of a death eater. Although, they weren't the eyes of a stranger, she knew them too well.

Theo.

A/N- sorry this took so long to post! I got logged out of my account :(
Here's a nice long chapter for you!
I know it may seem like a lot is happening, but it will all make sense in the next chapter and from there.... Well she's in for a tough ride!

I will try and post every Friday, I'm an a level student so obviously that comes first.
Love you all
Ellie ❤️
Word count- 1372