Chapter twelve

"A seer?" Theo questioned his sister in shock, watching the girl pick up yet another book from the library, tossing it into a pile she had on the table.

"That's exactly how I reacted. Apparently, a seer has the ability to gaze into the past and future when they please" she explained, filling her brother in on everything.

"There's no seer blood in our family though" he told the girl, a confused look crossing his face.

"I'll try and figure out more about everything in these books I've found, but I'm sure it's nothing to worry about" the girl said in a reassuring tone.

"So, is Mattheo going to help you with all this?" He asked his sister, still completely confused by the whole situation. Alessia couldn't blame him, she was still struggling to process everything, so it wasn't a surprise that he was experiencing the same.

"Yes, that was the deal. And anyway, if he can't get the memories of everything back, Snape has offered to help strengthen my powers." She informed him, not worrying about her brother knowing, because she fully trusted him.

Theo nodded, taking in the information with full interest.

"Let me know how that goes" he instructed her, placing yet another book about seers into Alessia's pile.

"Will do" she said with a large smile, embracing her brother in a hug.

Alessia was so thankful for her brother, he was so supportive and offered the girl a genuine sense of comfort whenever he was around. In all honesty, he was the only person she could fully trust. And that wasn't just because they were bonded through blood, it was a whole different connection. It was pure.

═══⋆★⋆ ═══

Alessia spent the entire day thinking about what would happen when she went and saw Snape. It was worrying, knowing nothing about herself and nothing about her powers, yet, now willingly placing that trust into someone.

Alessia knew that Snape was the best person to help her strengthen her mind, and even though she did not understand how she knew that, the seer was still willing to accept his help.

Now, she was sat in the potions classroom, her hands shaking by her sides as she withered in pain, trying to push Snape out of her mind as he clawed around in her memories. It was an attempt to train the girl how to eject anyone who was trying to infiltrate her mental barrier.

She could feel him scraping at her darkest memories, playing them through her mind on an everlasting loop, tormenting her, trying to aggravate her into pushing him away.

"Focus" the potions master sneered, in his usual monotone voice.

Snape had decided it would be best to chuck Alessia straight in the deep end and teach her to strengthen her powers through experience.

There couldn't possibly be any elements of theory to this art, as it was all experienced through the physical aspects. Alessia strained every single muscle in her head, trying to ignore the pain of the strength Snape held.

All in a matter of seconds, something clicked, like the missing piece of the puzzle she had been waiting for. She closed the metaphorical barrier that allowed someone to infiltrate her mind, and sealed it shut, enough to push Professor Snape straight out of her memories.

"You're weak. I could have done that in a quarter of the time." he told Alessia, a scowl plastered to his angered face.

She let out a sigh of disappointment at his words. For some reason, she really wanted to prove herself to him. She didn't know why, perhaps it was her general craving for validation, or it was something more.