Chapter fourteen

It was time for the lesson that Alessia had been dreading.

Ever since his first appearance in the Great hall, the teacher who Alessia learned to be "Mad- eye moody"  had been breeding bad feeling in the castle.

Alessia just couldn't shake the awful feeling she got when her Seer abilities were activated by the man. She saw terrible things, and she was adamant that he wasn't who he said he was.

She walked into the classroom, gripping onto the side of her shirt out of worry, seeking some comfort in the action. Keeping her head down, Alessia walked straight past Moody without acknowledgment, in hope that he would simply ignore her.

"Miss Nott, Thankyou for joining us" he said in his raspy, deep toned voice.

She let out a sigh under her breath, feeling the eyes of her classmates on her. Even with all of that attention, the only thing she could feel was Mad-eyes prosthetic eye burning holes into her back.

"You can take a seat next to Mr Riddle" he said with a devious smile before turning around and scratching words onto the board.

Alessia sat down next to Mattheo with a sigh, still feeling incredibly shifty about the fact she was in mere meters of the man who had her worrying for days.

"You're shaking" Mattheo whispered, placing a firm hand on her knee, in attempts to prevent her leg from shaking even more under the table.

Before Alessia could reply, the unnerving voice of Alastor Moody echoed through the classroom, stopping all of the conversations that were happening between her fellow classmates.

"I'm here because Dumbledore asked me. End of story. Goodbye, the end." He said, almost startling the class, who were taken aback by his authority.

"When it comes to the dark arts, I believe in a practical approach. But first, which of you can tell me how many Unforgivable curses there are?" He asked the class. Everyone remained silent, scared of the man as his mechanical eye scanned the classroom.

"Three sir" the voice of Hermione Granger called, acting upon her usual know it all personality.

"Very good. Now the ministry says that you are too young to see what these curses do. I say different! You need to know what you're up against. You need to be prepared.

You need to find another place to put your chewing gum beside the underside of your desk, Mr Finnigan" he said angrily.

Alessia moved uncomfortably in her seat, worried at how Moody had known Seamus would do that, when his back was turned away from the class.

The students erupted into laughter at Moodys comment, all except Alessia, who frankly couldn't be less amused.

"So, which curse shall we see first?" The professor asked, bringing the class back to attention. This definitely wouldn't end well, and it didn't take Alessia using her seer abilities to work that out.

"Weasley!" Moody called, looking over at the terrified ginger. Ron nodded shakily, scared of what Moody might do.

"Give us a curse" Mad-eye instructed him. The boy stood up, shaking in his position, obviously terrified of the man stood before him.

"Well my dad did tell me about one. The imperious curse" Ron explained to the class, and to Moody, whose eye was flickering between the Weasley boy and Alessia.

She felt intimidated by the watchful gaze that she could feel on her. The man seemed to be observing her even with just a single glance.

Within a split second, Moodys attention was fully back onto Ron.