Drain her

Alessia took another sip, not noticing that her long pyjama sleeve ran down her arm, exposing her skin

Alessia took another sip, not noticing that her long pyjama sleeve ran down her arm, exposing her skin. Mattheos eyes expanded when he saw her veins, glowing bright purple.

Alessia noticed his shock, before quickly pulling her sleeve back over her arm, to conceal the veins.

"What the fuck" he whispered, a permanent look of bewilderment etched onto his features.

Alessia placed her drink down on the table cautiously, ignoring the feeling of nausea passing over her body.

"When did this start happening?" Mattheo asked, a stern look on his face, making him appear increasingly serious about what happened.

"Only when I saw my father, yesterday" Alessia replied, hugging her arms around her body. Even with the warmth of the fire illuminating the pair, her body was still shivering.

Mattheo nodded, racking his brain for a reasonable way to explain this situation to the girl. There was no point in sugar coating it, this was not good.

"We will figure this out" Mattheo reassured her, still not entirely convinced this was something he could help her with.

"I think my power is trying to tell me something" Alessia said, sparking some interest in Mattheo. "I need to get more memories back"

Mattheo instantly disapproved of her words.

"No" he said instantly, shaking his head. "You can't handle that right now, have you seen yourself? You are barely staying conscious"

Alessia wasn't thinking straight. Her father's presence had completely racked her brain, making her thoughts irrational.

"I'm absolutely fine" she said. The slurring in her words would suggest otherwise. She was weak, and not even near ready to be retrieving another memory.

"I understand you are worried and overwhelmed, but you need to rest. Whats going on with you?" He asked, reasoning with the girl.

Unfortunately nothing was going to change her mind, or change the way she was thinking.

Something was wrong with her, she wasn't acting herself at all.

Alessia grabbed Mattheos arm, ready to use his power to strengthen her own, in light of retrieving a memory. He winced in pain, his eyes expanding as the purple glow transferred itself to his arms, illuminating his skin.

"Alessia stop" he said in a panic. The boy wouldn't show it, but he was in pain. It felt like the girl was sucking the magic out of him.

She didn't even flinch at the boys raised voice, she was too focused on using his magic. It made her feel stronger.

The wind picked up, making sheets of paper that were littering the table fly around. Glasses fell, smashing on the ground.

This wasn't like anything the girl had done before. Mattheo tried to fight against her magic, but nothing was working. The stronger she got, the weaker he became.