Chapter twenty-four

Despite everything that was happening to the girl, Alessia still had to attend her lessons.

She walked through the Hogwarts courtyard, on her way to her first lesson of the day, trying to fight away the tiredness that she was feeling.

She didn't sleep at all the previous night, and that was obvious due to the bags that were plaguing the underneath of her eyes.

Even the brightness of the sun was causing her pain, her body was in desperate need of rest.

Alessia let out a sigh when she saw Draco Malfoy, sat up in a tree, looking like a complete twat, with Mattheo and the rest of the boys perched beneath.

Luckily they had not noticed her, as they were seemingly preoccupied with Harry Potter, who was walking around looking at the badges people were wearing that read "Potter Stinks".

"Why so tense Potter?" Draco called, in attempts to antagonise the boy. Alessia rolled her eyes, watching the scene unfold before her, knowing it wouldn't end well.

Mattheo noticed the girl, standing up straighter at the sight. He nodded in her direction, acknowledging her presence, before waving her over, signalling she should join them.

She walked over hesitantly, not completely comfortable with the group of people, but she would give anything to avoid going to Potions, and seeing Professor Snape.

"My father and I have a bet you see. I don't think you are going to last 10 minutes in this tournament." Draco called to Harry, jumping down from the tree he was in.

Harry looked over at Alessia, frowning at her presence. She smiled softly, but it was a known fact Harry was stubborn, and didn't like anyone who wore the green robes.

"He disagrees, he doesn't think you will last five" Draco said, drawing Harry's attention back to Malfoy, who had now made all of his friends laugh hysterically.

"I don't give a damn what your father thinks Malfoy. He's vile and cruel. And you're just pathetic" Harry spat, shoving Draco backwards.

Alessia laughed, finding it amusing, seeing Draco, who she didn't particularly like, being humbled by a gryffindor.

Her smile faltered, however, when Professor Moody emerged from the shadows, stepping in as Draco lifted his wand to Harry's turned back.

"Oh no you don't" The teacher spat, casting a spell on the blonde boy, and to everyone's amusement, turning him into a small white ferret.

The laughter echoed around the courtyard as Moody flung the ferret around, making a spectacle of what he had done to the boy.

Alessia crossed her arms over her chest, looking at the professor with a plain face. That man wasn't fooling her, she trusted her gut, and the vision she had when he first appeared created an uncomfortable feeling in Alessia's stomach.

Mattheo noticed the girl's uncomfortable state, becoming nervous that she wasn't being fooled like everyone else. He had to remember to not underestimate her.

"We need to talk" Mattheo said to the Alessia in a whisper, grabbing her arm taking her away from the scene unfolding before her, with Draco, a ferret, now being sent down Crabbes pants.

She winced at the harshness of Mattheos grip, knowing this talk probably wasnt for a good reason.

There was always going to be a part of her that didn't fully trust him.

Alessia followed the boys lead into the empty hallway, where their footsteps echoed around the walls, signalling their isolation.

"I had quite an eventful night" Mattheo began explaining, crossing his arms over his chest.

Alessia inhaled sharply, knowing exactly what he was going to talk to her about.

"Really? What did you get up to?" She asked the boy, fighting back a smile.

Mattheos eyes held none of the amusement that she was hoping for, instead he looked annoyed, his already dark eyes holding hatred.

"I felt the presence of dark magic. Once you begin to use it, it's easy to identify. I thought you might be able to shed some light on why I felt that" He told her, his stature and tone beginning to intimidate the girl.

Alessia subconsciously took a minuscule step backwards, not even noticing she had done it. He scared her. It was deflating to admit, but he just had that effect.

"I don't know what you are talking about" She said, trying best to remain composed.

Mattheo let out a scoff, his annoyance now fully recognisable. Alessia didn't like this side of him at all and it pained her to know how quickly her opinion of him could change.

"Think about your brother." He said, making Alessia's face drop. "I don't want to, but if you aren't completely honest with me, he will be on the wrong side of my magic"

Alessia just looked at Mattheo in disbelief and most of all, disappointment. Nothing much had happened between the two, but for a moment, she really believed he could be a good person.

"I used your spell to get another memory back" she replied through gritted teeth, mimicking him by crossing her arms over her chest. She wanted to protect Theo.

Mattheo took a step towards Alessia, closing the small space that was between them. She tried her best to remain calm, but she was terrified.

"Don't do that again" he told her simply. "We are getting your memories back on my terms."

Alessia held back a rude response, wishing she could unload her anger onto the boy.

"My father won't be able to control you if you become too powerful. With me observing your progress, I can make sure that doesn't happen"

Alessia had officially made her mind up.

Mattheo Riddle was a dick.

She wanted to find good in him, but he was so wrapped up in his own little world, striving for validation in his ranks. Alessia just desperately wanted him to let go and attempt to have a normal childhood.

The dark lord was still in hiding, there was no reason for him to be acting like this when there was no one around to impress.

"I guess that's just motivation to strengthen my abilities, Riddle. I'll tell you this now, neither you nor your dad will ever have any control over me" Alessia spat.

She turned her back to the boy, walking away in the opposite direction.

"I already have more control over you than you think" he called out down the corridor.

She rolled her eyes, ignoring him.

When the girl was out of sight, Mattheo sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose in frustration.

He wished he wasn't tied down by his responsibility. He admired the girl, and wished he could turn away from this life, and take the time to get to know her.

It was tiring being the enemy.

Alessia was never going to trust him, and at the end of the day, Mattheo knew that he couldn't let a girl get in the way of his father's plans.

A/N- guysss I go back to school tomorrow ughhh so updates probably won't be as frequent.

Mattheo is getting on my nerves. But I can't just make them suddenly fall in love after a few chapters lmao.

Plus it's about him learning to turn away from his dad. It will take time.

Sorry if you get frustrated or annoyed by this book. Trust it will get better x

Ellie💌
Word count-1230