Chapter five

"Theo?" Alessia said in barely a whisper, a look of distraught crossing her face. Her brother looked down at his shoes, adamant to avoid her burning gaze. This effect that Theo's presence had on Alessia was nowhere near as painful as her previous torment at the hands of Mattheo- it was worse. She knew Theo was likely to join the death eaters, but seeing him, her brother, actually stood there alongside them, was like a dagger to the heart.

Mattheo moved in front of Theo, so that he was blocking Alessia's view of him. Alessia glared into Mattheo's eyes; This was his fault. All of it was his fault.

"Leave him out of this" she pleaded. She would rather take a thousand punches, a thousand knifes, a thousand years of torture than see her brother go down this path. It wasn't even the fact that he was following Mattheo, he was now the enemy in most people's eyes. Including Alessia's.

Mattheo let out a laugh, a pure, genuine laugh, at Alessia's words.

"It's okay, Ally" Theo said softly from behind Mattheo. The calmness in his voice was both comforting and disturbing, confusing Alessia even further.

"Well, we have new information for the dark Lord so everyone leave now" Mattheo instructed, walking over to Alessia. The death eaters obeyed instantly, leaving Alessia and Mattheo alone. He began to undo the restraints holding her body to the chair, making sure to be anything but gentle with it.

"I still know nothing" she exclaimed, annoyed at his inability to just explain what was going on. He sighed at her words, obviously not understanding that she couldn't just suddenly figure out everything that was going on.

"It's best it stays that way for now" he said simply, no emotion in his tone. Just deadpan. As usual. She rolled her eyes in frustration.

"I don't understand" she said, a new found innocence in her tone. She felt vulnerable like this. Everyone knowing more about her than she knew about her self was bound to drive her mad. She sighed in relief when the tight ropes were released from around her body, its captivity leaving marks on her arms. The pounding in her head was only increasing from all the confusion, and Mattheo just wasn't cooperating as she would have liked.

"If you know too much you will become too difficult to control, so just trust me on this" he told her.

"Trust you?" She spat. "You practically held me hostage for god knows how long and now you are asking me to trust you?"

His expression was unchanging with her words, he never really reacted in situations, just observed them. Without a word, he grabbed Alessia's wrist, apparating the two away from the unknown location. When they returned to the castle in a matter of seconds, Alessia instantly rushed to her room, not sparing so much as another glance to Mattheo who was, still, unfazed by everything.

Alessia stopped in her tracks when she opened the door to her room, seeing Theo pacing around, muttering unidentifiable words under his breath. The sound of the door opening brought Theo back to reality, his gaze softening when he saw his sister.

"Are you okay?" He asked, walking over to her, with a concerned look.
She took a cautionary step back, which made a painful glint appear in Theo's eyes.

"Let me explain" he pleaded, desperate to make amends to the damage that he and his friends had now made. It wasn't even a matter of forgiving Theo. In joining Mattheo and the dark Lord, he had chosen them over his own sister. It was evident that he knew exactly what was going on, and was yet another person holding the knowledge of the interest Alessia had sparked in the dark Lord. She just wanted to understand; not even her brother was on her side.

"I can't do this right now Theo" she said simply, walking over to her window, opening it wide, to let air flood the room that felt as if it was closing in on itself, trapping Alessia with the truth.

"You have to understand. You are in danger, and staying close to Mattheos side means I know exactly how to protect you" he explained. Alessia held her shaking hands to her head. Everything was overwhelming. Confusion, danger, betrayal. She was meant to be enjoying her fourth year at Hogwarts, not spending it questioning everything she once knew.

"You need to tell me everything Theo" she begged, looking up at her brother, whose face held much guilt. He shook his head slightly, enough for Alessia to notice.

"What else can you do other than advanced legilimency and occlumency?" He asked her. Alessia furrowed her brows together. What else could she do?

"What does that have to do with anything Theo?" She asked her brother in confusion.

"You just invaded the son of the dark lords mind like it was nothing. Yes, he managed to push you out eventually, but what happens when you get stronger?" He said. Alessia hadn't thought of that, what she was doing came easily to her, and it took Mattheo practically drugging her to even slightly weaken that.

"Mattheo said that if I understand what's going on, I will be too difficult to control. Do you think that has anything to do with what I might be able to do?" She asked Theo. He only shrugged. Theo knew that by even talking to his sister about this, he was revealing too much and if mattheo found out, he would not be receiving the good end of his wrath.

"This isn't why I came here, Ally, I wanted to apologise" Theo told her, in attempts to divert her mind from the previous subject.

"You did what you had to do" she said simply. It was obvious his decision to join Riddle affected her in numerous ways, but she wasn't ready to speak to Theo about that just yet.

Theo pulled Alessia into a hug, holding her tight. As much as she wanted to focus on Theo, her mind was elsewhere. All she could think of was what mattheo had said.

If you know too much you will become too difficult to control

If there was one thing Alessia was certain about, it was that she wouldn't let anyone "control" her. She needed to know more about how far her paranormal abilities would go, and she needed to do it before Mattheo realised just what she was planning.

A/N- two posts in one day 😱😱 this is a shorter one. I feel like all this confusion might be frustrating for the readers too, so please let me know if you just want everything just said how it is, or if you want the story to be about her finding out the truth. I have a plot twist in mind for the future and at the end of the day it's my book, SO let's see what will happen!

Love you all
Ellie ❤️
Word count- 1172