1

New York, the land of opportunity and heart of freedom. The biggest city in the entire world. It was technically you're average day, the streets crowded with people rushing to get to work or school and bumping shoulders along the way without an inch of an apology (it'll be rare to get one) when everyone is so fixated on their day-to-day activities.

But on the horizon, swinging from the building to building was none other than (y/n) (l/n), aka spider-woman! The vigilante as most people like to call her and a superhero for others. She was a young 25 year old in college trying to figure out her life and not be the awkwardly social girl that she portrays to the world. The truth is, she barely has friends.

She has an aunt and uncle; may and ben, who were unaware of her secret identity. They live in their own which they've lived for a while. (y/n) lives in an apartment by herself and has been making ends meet at the daily bugle with low pay. Sighs.

Anyways, she swung her way through the city, the feeling making her feel like a bird in a sky. She quickly looks down, seeing a two police cars chase after a red toyota that was crashing its way down the street. She immediately heads towards the scene, sensing trouble.

With swift movements, she lands on the hood of the car, surprising the thief inside as he swerves side to side to fling her off. (y/n) grins behind her mask, raising her fist in the air and slamming it back down, puncturing a hole through the car roof, ripping the entire thing off as she grabs the man by the collar and yanks him upwards, tossing him in the air as he screams in fear and shooting her webs at him, causing him to stick against a building just as the police cars slow down and the cops get out with guns in their hands, "all in days work, your friendly neighborhood spider-woman is now taking off!"

(y/n) laughs, saluting the cops as they watch her in awe as she swings from building to building, disappearing from view. She soon lands in an alleyway where she kept her backpack and clothes hidden, she checks her phone, "oh shit! I better hurry back to class!" She yanks her mask off after making sure no one see's and stashes it away. She hurriedly covers her suit with her clothes and grabs her stuff, making a dash for it.

She slid in through the empty classroom window from which she left earlier, adjusting her clothes. She opens the door and peeks out, seeing no one in the hallway. She casually leaves, heading to her class. When she enters, all eyes are on her. Her professor gives her a disapproving look, but doesn't say anything.

She quickly apologizes, ignoring the giggles the class was giving her as she sits down. It wasn't uncommon that people in her classes knew her to be tardy; she tries not to be, but she was busy catching bad guys! She couldn't help it!

Being spiderwoman was a tough job that only she knows. There's hardly rest as criminals keep popping up and she barely has time for herself at all. If only she could just tell people, but then again, she didn't want unwanted attention. When school was finally over, she leaves the classroom and out the building.

She takes the bus to her aunt and uncle for a visit, sighing. When she arrives, she greets her caretakers, "hey aunt may, uncle ben." She grins, waving her hand as she rushes up the stairs and tosses her bag on the floor, lying on the bed face down in her old room; she was grateful they left everything as it was. She closes her eyes, relaxing. Although her senses are still sharp, her ears could pick up things that even a human can't. Frequency and whatnot.

"(y/n)! come down and eat!" aunt may shouts from below the stairs.

..................

It was now night and aunt may and uncle ben had gone upstairs to rest, leaving (y/n) by herself to lock up. She puts the left over food in the fridge and closes all the curtains and blinds. She leaves the house to head back to her apartment. As she does, she sees police cars rushing by with mad speed, she takes out her radio that she uses to hear for crime.

"in downtown new york there is massive chaos!! The police has been doing everything they can to—" with no time to waste, (y/n) quickly puts her mask on and shoots her webs from her wrist, attaching them to houses and apartment buildings as she heads towards downtown NY.

When she's there, she lands crouched on a pole, examining the situation. A guy floating in the air and holding a glowing box was cackling maniacally. Cars were on fire, people screaming.

"hold it right there!" (y/n) screams, launching herself at the guy and punching him in the face, causing him to fly back. She shoots her webs at the box, pulling it to towards her, when the guy's eyes glowed green and he begins laser firing at her.

(y/n) swiftly dodges them. She grunts, catching a fist that suddenly came at her. Using her strength, she throws the guy against the wall, causing bricks to fall from the impact. She feels a strange heat from her palms and looks down, seeing the box she was holding vibrating.

The guy let out a war cry and fly directly at her. She jumped in the air, swinging around the buildings as he chased after her in hot pursuit. She lands on top a building and immediately uses her ability called camouflage, turning her and the box invisible. She saw the guy look around confused and let out an angry yell, shooting laser eyes and destroying everything in his path.

(y/n) had to stop him!

Using her camouflage as an advantage, she takes him by surprise. Shooting her webs at two buildings and using it as a launchpad to propel herself forward. She collided with the guy and using his shock, she swings all over the area, shooting webs at him and wrapping him in a sticky cocoon of sorts. So he was basically suspended in air but his body was arms and legs were tightly pressed together and bound by her webs.

(y/n) lands on the rooftop building, holding the box as she grins behind her mask, "don't you know all the bad guys lose?" She laughs, but stops when she hears him cackle, causing confusion.

"I don't think so, spider-woman!" He spat her name with venom.

The box in (y/n)'s hand begins glowing and she looks at it panicked, just as she was about to throw it, she was suddenly sucked in by a whirling vortex that popped out of it, she grunts, shooting webs at the building as the current was trying to pull her in, but to her dismay and horror, the guy used his lasers to break them.

She lets out a yell as she's pulled into the vortex, a whirlwind of colors invading her eyes and she had no choice but to shut them tight as a headache appeared. As fast as it happened it was soon over cause she felt all the pressure that was surrounding her disappear and she was suddenly airborne.

(y/n) looks down, seeing she was in the sky. She begun rapidly falling, so she shot her webs and swung, skidding into an alleyway and rolling on the concrete before coming to a stop. She groans, sitting up and rubbing her head, "ow..." she whispers in pain, eyeing her surroundings with uneasiness.

Something was different, she could tell.

"where am i?"

a/n: enjoy!!! How are you guys!! I miss you guys so much so I decided to write another TR story! Just so you know, I'm working out the plot as i write so it might be a bit confusing (idk). I still have more chapters to write but I couldn't wait to post the beginning of this one to get you all psyched up!! Thank you for reading and stay tuned!