39

a/n: happy tuesday everyone! Don't forget to comment and enjoy this chappie! :)

"where is it?!" (y/n) sighs as she rummages through mikey's room searching for her disguise/suit. She had went through every nook and cranny but to no avail. She had no idea where the short male hid her suit. She huffs in irritation, crossing her arms as she tries to figure out where he might stash it. Although there could be numerous places, for all she knew he probably tossed it in the ocean. She hopes not, cause that suit was one of a kind and it took her a while to make it too.

She was alone in the penthouse as mikey and his men were a floor down below her where their offices were. She had no idea it was possible to live above their workplace but she supposes it's because their rich and can do what they want. She trudges into the kitchen, pouring herself a glass of water as she drinks it. She was lost in thought when she felt arms wrap around her from behind, startling her.

"pennies for your thoughts?" a charming voice murmurs in her ear, causing her to gasp as she flushes in embarrassment, twisting around in ran's arms to see him smirking at her, "i was beginning to wonder whether you noticed me or not." He teases, tightening his grip on her.

(y/n) lightly pushes him away, which he lets her, "I didn't actually," she remarks lightly, looking away from him.

Ran watches her amused, crossing his arms as he leans against the large kitchen island next to her, a grin on his face, "did you honestly think mikey kept your disguise and your belongings in his room?..the most obvious place to look?" He questions, chuckling when he saw her avert her eyes, getting caught red-handed, "we knew you'd eventually start looking around for it so we hid it in a place you wouldn't find." He muses, finding it adorable how she huffs and frowns at him.

(y/n) sighs, "can't blame a girl for trying." She says, walking towards the living room with him trailing after her like a magnet. He couldn't just stay away. She sits on the large couch with him next to her, arm resting behind her. She side eyes him, "how long exactly do you plan to keep me here?" She demands.

ran shrugs his shoulder, leaning in close to her, "however long it takes, ms. Spider-woman." He says with a lazy grin splayed on his lips, "it could be forever." He teases her but was partially serious too. He wouldn't mind keeping her with them. He finds her as an equal to him....probably even higher considering her status to japan and its people. Hero. Not only that, but strangely enough, he was enjoying her company..sanzu too; which was a first.

(y/n) begins trying to formulate a plan where she can use her camouflage when the others weren't around to try and sneak into their offices and find her suit, radio and cellphone. She couldn't exactly escape the building and help people without her disguise otherwise what was the point? For now, she needed to go along with this and wait for the opportunity to come to her. She concedes defeat just for today....

"so, i hear there's a party you're attending tonight?" She inquires with a tilt of her head. Was this common in bonten? She thought they didn't have time for those type of things considering their profession.

"we're attending, doll," ran corrects her with a grin, finding her confused expression adorable. He chuckles, continuing, "you're coming along with us. You don't expect us to leave you here all by yourself? Who knows what you're capable of." He leers at her, implying that she would escape given the chance when she's alone. They weren't taking any risks.

(y/n) frowns. Parties weren't really her thing. She remembers how during college she was invited to a frat party and she totally embarrassed herself when her drink toppled all over her and her blouse was drenched. Unfortunately for her, mikey and the others weren't taking a 'no' for an answer apparently. She rubs her head, "...erm...can't i...just not go?" She cheekily asks.