37

A/n: another update, another chapter! Don't forget to comment and enjoy reading!

February is now present, despite winter still in the air. The flower buds on the trees were slowly emerging from their state. It was an ordinary day, as normal as it can get when you're spider-woman, that is. Since her identity had been revealed to her friends, the guys have been more...protective of her. If there's any news of a crime going on and she's out there on the scene, they would immediately worry about her, especially when she returns because their hands would be all over her checking to see for bruises or injuries.

(y/n) found it adorable that they cared so much about her yet funny at the same time because it seems they forget that she's a superhero and her abilities are above human. Although there were moments were they try to stop her from leaving (mostly bonten when they were pop up out of nowhere and sometimes her own friends), their urge to keep her inside and make her stop playing hero for her own safety.

"oya?" A deep baritone voice says from behind her, causing her to glance in surprise to see hanma was standing right behind her with a shit-eating grin on his face. She was standing near an hot chocolate vendor.

She blinks, "hanma?" She glances around, "what are you doing here?" She asks. The tall male stands beside her, shrugging his shoulders.

"nothing really, just walking around till i found you." He grins at her. For a moment, it was silent before he whispers, "hey? how do you know you can trust a guy like me with your secret? For all you know, i could use it for my own gain." He side eyes her, smirking as the two began walking with no destination in particular.

(y/n) looks at him with raised brows, "well," she began, looking down, "you don't have proof that i am spider-woman so no one would believe you." She murmurs back, "second, what would knowing my secret do for you? It's not like you'll get money if you try to kidnap me or not, I'll simply beat you up." She says straightforward, blinking up at him.

hanma grins, "you're so sure of yourself it's terrifying." He chuckles. His yellow hues slowly move around the street they were in, recognition shown on his face as he slows down in front of a particular building, "this is..." he trails off, a far away look on his face.

(y/n) furrows her brows and follows her gaze to where he was looking. It was an old and abandoned arcade with a logo of a headless angel on it. The image was faded with time and other graffiti on it. It obviously holds some kind of value to hanma from his reaction, "you know this place? I wonder why no one has broken it down for renovations." She hums.

hanma chuckles, hands in his pockets, "this place used to be the hideout of an old gang i was apart of; valhalla," his eyes lower solemnly as if remembering someone, "that was twelve years ago though. Hardly no one comes here cause this was a place where other gangs hide out and chill." He explains to her.

(y/n) was fascinated. As she and hanma gaze at the arcade, she suddenly felt the hairs on her skin raise and a ringing noise erupting in her ears. She widened her eyes in alert, snapping her head up and seeing a few men at the top of the building throw debris at them.

"hanma, watch out!!" (y/n) screams, pushing the zombie-male to the side. She grunts when a sharp long glass impales her stomach, going straight through her. Blood pours from her mouth as she coughs haggishly. She felt immense pain as she slowly looks down. She glares at the men who caused it.

hanma, who groaned and rubbed his head when he smacked it against the garbage dumpster, looks at the (h/c)-ette in horror and shock. His pupils shrunk. He did not expect for her to save him. If she hadn't pushed him, he would have...died. Why? Why would she risk her life for someone she barely knew? Guaranteed she saved him twice, they never actually spoke before. Today was the first...until this tragedy happened.