10

Two men watch in fear as spider-woman has them dangling in the air with webs all around them. She crawls up to them, a frown behind her mask. One of them lets out a yelp of fear, "please don't eat me!!" He begs, hyperventilating as he imagines being cocooned and eaten alive!

(y/n)'s face held disbelief behind her mask, "I'm not gonna eat you!" She exclaims, scoffing, "I'm here to interrogate you. Are you apart of bonten? If so, tell me their hideout. I can still find out other ways even if you don't." She says, shrugging her shoulders.

The two guys exchange looks of uncertainty and fear, not saying a word.

Seeing as she wasn't gonna get an answer out of them, she jumps off the huge spider web and onto the roof of a building just as two police cars arrive, "never mind." She says, about to zip away when someone calls out to her, stopping her in her tracks.

(y/n) glances down from her spot on the rooftop, seeing a cop staring up at her, "who are you, spider-woman?! Are you an enemy or not?" The guy with dark hair in a suit demands.

She replies, "I'm just your friendly neighborhood spider-woman. A hero who is your ally." She salutes then shoots her web and swings away. She quickly switches out clothes, tugging her shirt and jacket over her suit and rushing back to the library.

She enters the back door without being conspicuous and goes back to doing her work. Time flew by and it was now evening. The sky has been turn dark. (y/n) locks up and was about to head down the street to the apartment when she hears a car honk at her, causing her to turn around and see an expensive red car approaching her and slowing to a stop right next to her on the road.

The window goes down and she sees kokonoi sitting at the wheel with one hand behind the passenger seat, he sticks his tongue out, "hey," he greets with a smirk, "wanna ride?" That sentence came out with a double meaning but (y/n); who was inexperienced in relationships did not catch on.

The female superhero blinks, "this is rather suspicious, isn't it?" koko raises an eyebrow, prompting her to continue, "how'd you know when i got off work?..were waiting for me all this time or what?" She asks, frowning, glancing around.

koko chuckles, he wasn't about to tell her he actually searched for more info on her out of curiosity. Although, he didn't find anything about her at all, which was in itself, suspicious. The only thing he managed to find out was that she was recently put into the system eight months ago, as if she didn't exist before. He tried to brush it off as nothing tho.

koko ignores her first question and answer's her second, "yeah, i was waiting for you. I'd figure before i drop you home, you'd like to grab some dinner with me on the way?" He smoothly asks, internally anxious and he doesn't know why.

(y/n) answers back with nonchalance, "bold of you to assume I'll get into that car with you." She airily laughs, "we only met a few times but i'm not sure I'm ready to show you where i live."

koko shrugs, understanding her situation, "fair point." He eyes her with soft eyes, grinning, "you didn't say no to dinner, though." He laughs.

(y/n) rolls her eyes, pursing her lips, "I didn't agree either," she pauses, "but the idea of free food sounds exceptionally great." She grins back, causing him to return it with an accomplished one.

She didn't have to worry considering she has her spidey-senses to alert her if he tries anything....and she's stronger than him too, so......

To say she was surprised was a stretch, she was stunned. koko took her to a five star michelin restaurant and that alone tells her that he must be rich to afford something like pricey meals. Although, she wasn't happy with her food, considering they give her small portions for something being so 'fancy.'

Is this what people pay for? (y/n) thinks, poking at her food in disbelief. With the price of the meal she could equate to getting better food at taiju's restaurants or a fast food place.

koko sips his wine and was about to ask her how the food is when he notices her unhappy expression, causing him to put his glass down, "what's wrong? Is it the food? Do you not like it?"

(y/n) glances at him, an awkward smile on her face as she tries to explain without making him feel bad; after all he did treat her to a meal (poorly in her opinion), "erm...the food is great," she pauses, "it's just...well....it's not a lot of portions." She mumbles, before laughing offhandedly, "never mind! Just forget it. You brought me here and i will try my best to enjoy it."

koko frowns, his earring swinging gently as he moves his head. He did not expect this at all. The girls he usually takes out are more than thrilled to be dining at a fancy restaurant (they like to eat small and watch their figures) but (y/n)...she was different. Of course, there are girls like her out there, he just happened to meet one in a rare chance, "no. If you're not happy, we can always go somewhere else." He says, finalizing everything.

(y/n) protests as he stands up and goes to the servers. She deflates when he holds her hand delicately in his and exits the restaurant, "you didn't have to do that." She mutters.

koko glances back at her with a smirk, "it's all for you, sweetheart." He grins, intertwining his fingers with hers.

Yeah.....he could definitely get used to this

..........

when (y/n) told kokonoi to drop her off at near a street, he insisted on taking her all the way home while saying something about 'being gentlemanly.' Of course, she refuted him and he had no choice but to accept.

With that, she zipped her way back home, swinging on her spider webs. As she enters the front door, takes her shoes off and makes her way to her room, she is stopped.

"(y/n), you're late," inupi says hiding his curiosity and concern.

The female superhero blinks, scratching her head as she answers, "oh, i was with someone." She began, before being interrupted by draken, who has furrowed brows.

"who?" He demands, but softened his eyes to try and not be controlling of her. He was just worried about her cause it was 10:30 in the night and (y/n) is usually with them...where it's safe.

(y/n) scrunches her brow, shrugging her shoulders in a non-caring way, "someone i met at the library where i work. They've been coming to see me a lot for some reason and tonight he asked me out to dinner." She smiles, "and since it's free food, I couldn't say no. So he took me to a fancy restaurant but the food sucks." She huffs.

draken and inupi felt their chest sting. Someone...a complete stranger they don't know...took their (h/c)-ette out on a date? A bitter taste creeps up in them and they didn't like it.

Were they perhaps......

.......jealous?

a/n: enjoy!!!! Don't forget to comment!!