12

(y/n) returns to the apartment, landing behind the garbage bin in the back of the building, she quickly pulls her clothes over her suit. Once she was covered completely, she climbs the stairs leading to the apartment door, wincing when she remembers the bullet that grazed her.

She unlocks the door, stepping in quietly. She puts her shoes up and enters the living room, seeing her friends greet her with a smile. She can't help but smile back in glee.

baji jumps up from his spot and engulfs her in a hug, quickly pulling away when he hears her wince, "are you alright? I didn't hurt you did i?" He holds her shoulders in worry, scared his strength might have been too much for her.

"looks like your brute strength almost killed her, baji." smiley laughs, almost knocking his drink over if he hadn't caught it on time. The raven haired male glares.

(y/n) laughs offhandedly, waving her hand. She lightly pushes baji away from her, offering a reassuring smile, "I'm fine. I'm just gonna go change for the mean time." They watch her walk away before going back to conversing as they wait for her to return.

As the (h/c)-ette enters her room, she sighs, taking off her clothes and spider-woman suit (the latter being stuffed under her bed), leaving her in a bra and underwear. She stands close to the mirror, lightly touching the long graze on her left ribcage. It was red and bruised. Upon closer inspection, it was already beginning to heal; perks of being a superhero/spider-woman.

She took a shower and changed into a fresh pair of clothing before entering the living room once again. She grins, seeing everyone already waiting for her, "what are you guys doing here? I thought you were busy." She says laughing and sits down in between kazutora and angry.

mitsuya grins back, "you can never be too busy for your friends." He quips, causing the others to nod in agreement. On the coffee table were two large boxes of pizza and drinks.

kazutora hands her a plate with a slice, which she took gratefully and begun munching on it. She nearly moaned at the taste. She misses pizza. New York has the best ones tho.

All of them begin conversing about what's going on with their jobs, scheduling more hang outs and of course, takemichi's upcoming wedding. Said male was already blushing at the mention of it. (y/n) smiles at them, she never seen such a close bond of friends before.

She stands up and collects everyone's plates, stacking them up. As she reaches for chifuyu's, her shirt slid up a bit, revealing her injury.

"what is that?" inupi points at her ribcage, causing all chatter to cease. He watches as (y/n) tugs her shirt back down, smiling reassuringly.

"it's nothing, just a small bruise." She says, avoiding their inquisitive and concerned eyes, "i scraped myself by accident in the library. I was trying to slip between the cart and the shelves and it nicked me." She lies.

inupi eyes her with uncertainty but doesn't say anything. It wasn't his place to push for answers.

"lemme see." baji slides his hand under her shirt, lifting it up without thought. (y/n) blushes red as his hand skims her ribcage. It was hot and warm and she represses a shiver, slapping his hand away and pulling her shirt down.

The others give him a disapproving look at his action. It was disrespectful to pull a girl's shirt up without her permission. Then again, when did baji ever think? He was a reckless man even in his adult age.

Though baji couldn't stop thinking about how soft her skin was...

..........

Three days later....

(y/n) just finished locking up from the library and was walking on her way home. She passed a lonely street and heard shuffling to her left and some pained groans. She stops in her tracks and follows the noise. There, braced against a brick wall of a closed building was a muscular male with aegean hair and dual colored eyes. There was a prominent scar that ran on his left side going to his eye from his forehead.

He snaps his gaze to her instantly, eyeing her as she approaches in a comforting manner to make feel at ease, but he was still wary.

The (h/c)-ette crouches near him with a worried look on her face, examining his body, "are you alright? You're hurt!" She points out, seeing the bruises on his face and a stab wound on his abdomen. She moves closer, "I'll take you to the hospital." She says, trying to lift his arm over her shoulder when he stops her, shaking his head.

"no hospitals." He murmurs in a deep voice, eyes piercing hers. She wasn't fazed though.

(y/n) frowns, not sure what to do. She can't exactly take him to the apartment otherwise inupi and draken will ask questions wondering why she brought a stranger into their home. The only option she has left was to spider-woman her way to the convenience store and grab medical supplies to patch him up.

"stay here." She instructs, running down the street and making a left turn. When she was out of his hearing range, she shoots her webs and swings her way to the nearest convenience store. Thank god for the low beam street lights to hide her identity. Once she quickly purchases the items, she goes back to the spot she left the injured man.

Said male darts his eyes to her in surprise when he sees the bag of medical supplies. Did she come back for me? He thinks to himself. Unbeknownst to her, he had called ran to pick him up, hence the purple haired male was on his way with the car while he sits and wait.

"lemme help you." (y/n) says, brows furrowed in concentration. She lifts his shirt gently, inspecting the wound. It was a stab wound. Taking the alcohol she first disinfects it. She remembers back in her home when she used to do this; taking bullets out, stitching wounds, burns, impales, etc. Her enemies were a lot tougher than these simpler common gangs she's been dealing with.

While she was dabbing his wounds, the aegean haired male watches her. She has a gentle touch, he thinks to himself, finding his body relax. He takes this opportunity to observe her, his irises taking in all her features from her eyes to her nose to her cheeks and finally...her lips. He awkwardly looks away.

"there." (y/n) smiles after applying the last bits of ointment on his face, "did you call someone? a friend or family member, maybe?" She asks.

The aegean haired male groans in pain, "yeah," he adjusted himself, glancing at the (h/c)-ette, "you should probably go, I'll be fine." He suggest. He figured if ran see's her he'll probably start flirting and he wasn't in the mood to hear that right now. He was also saving her from a manwhore....she didn't have to know that part tho.

(y/n) was unsure, but nods her head, getting up from her spot and glancing at him, "hope you get better." She says, before disappearing down the way she came from earlier, leaving him to stare after her in silence.

.......

"there you are, kakucho!" Ran approaches him with a lazy grin. Sigh.

a/n: enjoy!! Don't forget to comment!!