48

a/n: hey guys!! Here is another update! Don't forget to comment and enjoy! Also, this book is soon coming to an end but i will be posting extra's and stuff when i get time, lol!

The smell of antiseptic wafts through the room, invading the noses of the men. All eyes were focused in the centre, was a single bed which held the most important woman to them in their lives; (y/n) parker. Through some bargaining and a few threats curtesy of bonten, they managed to get a bigger room to accommodate them all so they can keep watch of the female. All the bills  and everything were paid by koko, who didn't want to see another person dear to him suffer.

Speaking of (y/n), the female superhero was unconscious. Wires hooked up to her, her arms and legs in casts. There were stitches covering up some wounds. Albeit, she was healing slowly, the process took longer than usual. The doctors were monitoring her from time to time, in awe of her superhuman abilities as her skin and bones were repairing themselves. They gave medicine to numb whatever pain she might be feeling.

The silence was too loud, too uncomfortable for many as they are used to seeing the (h/c)-ette up on her feet within the next day with her preppy smile. A smile that brought warmth and life to their own, a feeling of butterflies. Now, that smile was nowhere to be seen. It brought a sense of coldness to them, an emptiness they never experienced before.

The one who was taking it the hardest was mikey. The short male sat impossibly close to (y/n)'s bed, hand lightly touching her own to make sure she was breathing and that she was alive. Despite shinichiro and izana; his two big brothers present, he felt hollow inside. Like all the light the (h/c)-ette brought with her suddenly vanished and he felt lost and scared. mikey didn't want to lose her. He will fight tooth and nail to make sure she somehow survives, heck he'll even go toe-to-toe with the villain that did this just to ensure he will never see (y/n) in the state which she is in, again.

rindou leans against the wall, looking at the others with solemn eyes, "...i feel useless." He suddenly says, prompting the others to either look at him or simply listen in silence. The jellyfish-haired male let out a pathetic smile, "it's funny how we're a bunch of criminals holding the underworld by the neck yet with all this power still in our grasp, we can't do anything for (y/n)." He truthfully states, referring to him and the bonten executives along with mikey.

"what do you mean?" shinichiro asks, sitting next to wakasa and benkei. Somehow takeomi was with them, missing his old friends.

Ran, who understands what his brother was saying, continues. His purple hues flashing, "isn't it obvious?" He waits for someone to say something and when no one didn't, he continues, "(y/n) and that man are above us. They have powers beyond the regular human which means we're out of their league. We can't do anything to help (y/n) because in truth," he pauses, "..how do you go against someone with superhuman powers?" He receives no answer, causing him to sigh, "the only thing we can do is offer our support and be there for (y/n) when she needs us." He finishes, casting a glance towards the motionless superhero, his heart clenching for her to see her in such a state; so weak, hurt and vulnerable. He hated it.

wakasa sighs, stick in his mouth as he glances out the window, evening was approaching but he didn't care, "...when she goes out there all by herself, it really does make you feel helpless. Yet not once has she ever shown anybody a bad face, she's always willing to help no matter what," he pauses, "(y/n) is strong and she's kind. I know she's gonna get through this no matter what." He smiles, the others agreed not wanting to be pessimistic when's she's only been positive in her entire life.

As nightfall came, the men remain in the hospital. With power and connections, bonten is able to sway the doctors and nurses. Besides, it was better this way anyways. None of them felt comfortable leaving (y/n) all alone in the hospital when that freak was still alive and out there somewhere. Despite their tiredness and hunger for food, they simply use the resources given by the medical facilities.