40

a/n: already at chapter 40!? Wow, i never expected to write so much, lol! But i hope you enjoy it and don't forget to comment!! Luv you!

(y/n) was getting antsy. She hasn't been successful in finding her suit at all and considering how mikey and his men were almost always in their office everyday, she hasn't been given an opportunity to search there at all. She has to sit and watch with a morbid expression as crime began spiking up again from what the news has been reporting. Not to mention, the reporters are always asking the same question; where is spider-woman? Local Hero Disappears! Crime uprising once again!

She didn't like this. She sat on the large sofa once again, watching the newscast report another shootout with gang members and the police. Unbeknownst to her, ran came in through the door and saw her uneasy expression. He represses a sigh, silently walking up from behind and snatching the discarded remote, shutting off the television.

(y/n) turns her head to him in surprise, although the frown on her face clearly says how upset she is, "ran? aren't you supposed to be downstairs?" She tilts her head in confusion.

The older haitani sighs, crossing his arms and giving her a pointed look, "stop torturing yourself, (y/n)." He says. He knew turning the tv off was pointless as she would probably put it back on. It was definitely her hero complex.

The female superhero frowns at him, turning her eyes away with a sigh. He wouldn't understand. He is a criminal after all. What he sees is a norm for him on a daily basis, so of course it wouldn't bother him or the others. Not to her though, seeing the crime raising as more and more people are getting hurt from being involved with their conflicts, getting killed, or allowing illegal substances, etc. to enter japan bothered her.

Ran, seeing the conflict on her face, sighs softly. He puts the remote down, holding out his hand to her which she gives a confused look to, "come on, lets go shopping and take your mind off all this." He smirks, waiting for her to accept, "my treat."

(y/n) considered his offer and figured maybe his idea wasn't that bad. If she continues to watch more news, her mind might just overload. She reluctantly takes his hand, standing up. She glances at him awkwardly, "...no offense and all, but I don't really shop a lot." She confesses, since she never has the time to do it.

ran gives her a disbelief look. He chuckles, running a hand through his hair, "you serious? don't all girls shop 24/7?" He questions, scratching his head, when he remembers the lifestyle (y/n) lives. He shakes his head, "never mind." He holds her hand in his, walking them both out the penthouse and into the elevator.

She was amazed by how many floors the building has. In the corner of her eye, she sees the older haitani text someone; probably mikey or smth. Once they get into the lobby, the female superhero looks around with intrigue as men and women walk past them in their pristine suits; some even bowing to Ran in respect as the two walk by.

Ran pays no mind to them. He earned the respect through fear of course. As they leave the building, the older haitani opens the passenger door to his purple corvette, gesturing for her to get inside. He soon sits in the drivers seat and begins the vehicle, pulling out from HQ's and onto the road. He decides to take (y/n) to one of the more fancier malls where they have all the high-end brands because what's more better than having expensive shit than cheap shit? God, he's beginning to sound like kokonoi now. Ew. Although both men have high standards.

(y/n) watches out the window as they drive past the streets and highway. The car soon slows to a stop at a mall and once it's parked, Ran gets out and opens the door for her to get out, holding her hand as he did. He slowly intertwines their fingers, marveling at her soft hands as he did. He leads them inside and the first store he goes to is a Burberry store. He only then realizes this is the first he actually spends time with her.