29

a/n: another update and another chapter!! Don't forget to comment! :)

(y/n) ran. She kept running and running, not minding as she passed civilians who pointed at her in awe and surprise thinking she was catching criminals in the dead of night. No, she was running away from them. Her eyes burned as tears seeped out. She just couldn't believe it. She didn't want to. She ended up sitting alone on a rooftop, sniffling. She takes her mask off, her breaths trembling as she recalled mikey, kakucho, rindou's and kokonoi's face and how she hurt them.

"there's just no way...." She begun, shaking her head in denial, "how could they be?...there's no way koko could do something like this, neither could rin or kakucho!" She whispers harshly to herself as she recalls all their time together and the moments they spent with her. Was it all a lie?? With mikey, she was always unsure with him because she felt uneasy with him at times but she always thought there was a different part of him that was much more sweeter than she could ever discover but it was hidden somewhere.

(y/n) scoffs at herself. She let them go because she was hesitant. She saw those four as friends and to imagine them in jail for all the things they did...she couldn't bear it. The guilt would eat at her. They were criminals and she let them escape. She was conflicted between the two and most of all, she was conflicted with her personal feelings for them and her duties as a superhero.

She knows koko visits her at the library, but will she be able to face him after knowing everything? what about rindou and their bar nights together? what about mikey and her dorayaki visits?? How can she look at them the same again? What should she do?

(y/n) wipes her eyes from her tears and stands up. Right now, she just wants to clear her head from all the overwhelming information she just found out. She heads back to the area where she hid her clothes and quickly tossed them back on. Her mind was so jumbled from thinking of mikey, rindou, koko and kakucho that she bumped into someone, their drink spilling on her coat.

She gasped, the aroma of coffee invaded her nose, she looks up when the stranger profusely apologizes, "i am so sorry!" He had messy black hair and obsidian hues, his face guilty. (y/n) waves it off subconsciously, barely paying attention, "it's okay, it's my fault for not watching where i was going." She chuckles weakly when she recognizes the male. He was the one who thanked her when she brought izana to him. She wonders how the tanned male is doing.

The male frowns when he notices the rims of her beautiful (e/c) eyes were red and swollen. He opens his mouth, "..are you alright?" He quietly asks her with concern, hoping he wasn't the one behind her tears, after all he did spill his hot coffee on her by accident.

(y/n) glances at him, smiling weakly, "yeah, i just had a bad night." The wind blew slightly, sending shivers down their spines as the night of tokyo was bustling with crowds.

The male with dark hair smiles softly at her, nervousness racking through his body, "can i make it any better with some hot chocolate and cake?" He asks, ready to hear rejection as almost all the women tend to do that. He then notices her ruined jacket and frowns, "i mean...you don't have to!...i was just—" he was stammering on his words.

(y/n) laughs weakly, nodding her head as she wipes her tears, "that'll be a nice compensation for ruining my jacket." She lightly jokes, agreeing with his proposition since she needed it at the moment. The male relaxes his shoulders, smiling, "I'm shinichiro." He introduces to the (h/c)-ette as he leads them to a cafe nearby. He hands her a tissue, "i think you need this more than i do."

"I'm (y/n) parker." She introduces back, gratefully taking the tissue and wiping her nose. They enter the cafe and find a two seat table. shinichiro decides to pay for both their drinks and snacks. He takes this moment to look at her, admiring her beautiful foreign features from her soft locks to her exotic (e/c) eyes and lips. Wow...he thinks in awe, unaware he was staring for too long.

When the barista brings their drinks to the table along with their snacks he opens up the conversation first. This was his first interaction with a woman and he was nervous but also giddy and excited because (y/n) didn't reject his invitation even though this was supposed to be an apology of sorts for spilling his drink all over her, nonetheless, he hopes by the gods that his destiny is showing him that there is love in his future and not all is lost and it's just the beginning. Like in those tele-nova shows or manga.

(y/n) was still feeling blue after everything, but she tries not to show it, giving shinichiro a smile, "thanks for paying for my drink, even though you didn't have to. I appreciate it." shinichiro waves it off.

"nonsense," he grins handsomely, "i had a feeling you might need it." He didn't want to be nosy and ask why she had a bad night. He just met her after all. It would be too personal, "so what's a beautiful woman like yourself doing out here all alone?" He subtly flirts, hoping he wasn't being too straightforward.

(y/n) laughs, feeling slightly better from the drink as the liquid warmed her insides up and also from the male who showed her compassion and care. She looks down momentarily, clutching her cup and shrugging her shoulders, "i had important things to take care of." Her smile fades for a moment which shinichiro notices but she shakes her head, "what about you?" She looks at him inquisitively, "I'm sure someone like you must have someone waiting for him." She surmises, finding him to be quite handsome to the eyes.

shinichiro blushes, scratching his head embarrassed, "would you believe me if i told you I haven't got anyone special waiting for me at home?" He see's her disbelief expression and airily laughs, "lets just say you're the first woman to actually interact with me." He averts his eyes to the side, feeling timid all of a sudden.

(y/n) blinks in shock, lips parted as she spoke, "are you for real?" shinichiro looks at her, seeing that she was genuinely curious, "well either those girls are blind or maybe you're hiding something from me." She jokes, making him laugh.

(y/n) grins back, looking down as she felt better, pushing the earlier scenario with bonten back in her mind for now. Right now, her mind was a mess and she needed to take a moment and find peace and clarity before she did something she regrets.

"there's that beautiful smile." shinichiro suddenly says while poking her cheek, causing her to look on in shock. He smiles at her, "a smile looks better on you than a frown." He softly says, causing the (h/c)-ette to feel bashful at this man's words. She just met him but he already impressed her. First meetings with a stranger are usually like that, she supposes. Some of them are...at least...Are chance meetings possible?

Both shinichiro and (y/n) ended up being silent as they contemplated on what to say or whether to leave things as it is. The male then notices bruises on her knuckles and frown, taking her hand gently in his, surprising her, "you're hurt!" He frowns in concern, tracing his fingers on the reddened spots, "there's a convenience store a couple blocks down..." he was concerned on how she got them but did not pry.

(y/n) cuts him off, pulling her hand back awkwardly and hiding it, "erm, it's okay. I'll take care of it when i get home," she checks the time and knew draken and inupi would freak out, "which is about now." She begins to stand up, shinichiro following her, "thanks again for the drink and the snacks. I appreciate it." She smiles softly at him.

shinichiro nods. He watches as she was about to leave when he calls out to her, "w-wait!" He pauses when (y/n)'s turns around. He gulps, it was now or never, "c-can i have your number? I'll like to speak with you again sometime." He murmurs nervously, rubbing his arm. He was ready to hear her rejection, like all the other times he asked a woman for her number or a date, only to get disappointed and wonder why he's still single.

(y/n) stares at him for a moment before replying, "...sure..." she smiles. He smiles back, feeling accomplished. shinichiro watches as she soon leaves, staring after her in a starry gaze. He quickly dials a number, "izana!...you won't believe what just happened! I got a girls number!" He was ready to jump moons and sing in the rain like some lovesick fool.

"......what do you mean i'm lying???!" Shinichiro wails in the phone, glaring at nothing in particular.

a/n: enjoy!!!