38

A/n: it took a while for me to finish this chapter, but i hope it's alright! Don't forget to comment!!!!

When (y/n) wakes up, she did not expect to be in a fancy bedroom covered in silk sheets. She blinks in confusion, lifting the sheets up and wincing as she did so as she felt a little sore from her stomach. Her (e/c) hues dart around the room, wondering where hanma was. Did he move her elsewhere as she was asleep?

Resting her feet on the floor, she tosses the sheets away, going to stand up. She walks to the vanity mirror and lifts the oversized shirt she was wearing along with some boxers which belonged to hanma since she didn't have clothes. She examines her stomach, seeing the wound completely heal as if the incident didn't happen.

She looks to the side and see's a small bag, which she put her spider-woman disguise inside along with some other things. She goes and opens it, shocked to find her suit missing. She was certain hanma put it in there for her when she asked. Frowning, she stands back up and leaves the room she was in. Immediately, (y/n) is in awe at the architecture of the hallway and the interior design; it was classy, modern...and expensive. Definitely out of her budget.

She hears voices and follows the small spiraled stair case downstairs, entering the living room where a kitchen was conjoined. She surmises the building was a penthouse as she glances out the big window to see other buildings from a great height. She darts her eyes to the familiar men lounging on the couches with papers and drinks strewn all over.

It was sanzu, who noticed her first. His lips curl in a grin, blue hues fixated on her, "if it isn't our sleeping beauty," he loudly exclaims, causing all eyes to dart to (y/n), "we were beginning to wonder if you'll wake or not." He chuckles. His attitude surprised her, considering he would sneer or glare hatefully at her from their previous encounters. What changed? Not that she minded, but she still had to be aware. It could all be a trick.

(y/n) furrows her brows, looking at the men, "uhm, yeah." She was wondering what was going on, "wasn't i with hanma just yesterday?" She points out, causing the bonten men to exchange glances, "how did i come here?...where is here, anyways?...and where's my disguise?" She inquires, looking for an explanation.

kakucho answers all her questions as he uncrossed his legs, mismatched hues looking at her softly, "hanma called us," he began, "he couldn't stay and look after you since he's busy hence why you're with us. You're also in bonten HQ's; our penthouse to be clear. As for your disguise..." he trails off, looking towards the others as they silently communicate with their eyes. How could he tell her that mikey took it from her bag and hid it from her so she would stop playing hero? "erm...that's another explanation..." he awkwardly says.

(y/n) tilts her head to the side in confusion, "why can't you tell me now—?" She was cut off by rindou standing up and approaching her, causing her to look at him inquisitively, "rindou?" She asks as he stops in front of her.

The jellyfish-haired male lightly touches her shoulders, gazing at her worriedly, "hanma told us what happened a week ago," he searches her face, "are you alright? You shouldn't move around too much, your wound is still healing." He scolds her, trying to usher her to sit on the couch but she wouldn't budge, only watching amused and all happy from his concern.

(y/n) airily laughs, looking at rindou and the others, "I'm perfectly fine." She assures, walking further in the room. She takes the glass of water from ran, who gives it to her, sipping on it as she relishes the cool feeling down her throat, sighing.

The older haitani frowns at her, "no, you're not." Ran says, crossing his arms, "you were impaled and needed surgery to fix it. You shouldn't be walking around." He sternly says.