𝑪𝒉. 𝟒 | 𝑶𝒇𝒇𝒊𝒄𝒆

Aira

I looked at the stained red marks on my wrist Lex left. I couldn't stop the tears that fell from my eyes. I hated this guy. He's so rude and cold. I didn't even do him harm, why does he treat me like this?

"Aira, can I come in?" Lana's voice reached my ears with the few knocks she left on my door.

"Sure," I answered, quickly wiping my tears as she entered with a lovely smile which I returned.

"I'm just here to tell you that I'm leaving," she spoke, shocking me.

"What do you mean leaving? Aren't you staying here?" I fearfully ask getting on my feet.

"No," she answered.

"What about, Chris?" I questioned with a bit of hope that I wasn't going to be left with this monster alone.

"He already left as well," she says, disappointing me.

I feel a sudden panic inside me. I'm going to have to stay in this big house, alone, with Lex. There was already so much fear of how violent he had gotten with me. My eyes move from left to right thinking of an alternative, but I couldn't think of one.

"Is there something wrong?" she asked with a worry.

"No. No. I'll see you tomorrow then I guess," I lowly answer.

"Have a great night, Aira," she wishes as she exits out the door.

How am I going to sleep alone? I'm afraid to sleep alone. I walk out to see if Lex is in his room. I slowly turn the knob and peek through quietly. He's sound asleep on his bed. I take a glance around the empty dark house. The only lights are the mini ones alongside the second floor.

I walk back to my room and an instant fright comes to me. I started imagining all these things. What if a snake comes through the window? Or someone sneaks up on me while I'm sleeping? I shake my head to get rid of these thoughts.

I grab my pillow and blanket and walk out to Lex's room. I don't think I have any other choice. I lay the pillow down next to his door and lay down. Well at least now if I ever get chased by a monster I can easily get to Lex. That asshole is merciless but who knows, maybe he'd help. All I have to do now is wake up before he does.

I woke up to the sound of the shower running in Lex's room. I glanced at the clock in the hallway and it was 6:30 am. I quickly grabbed my things and went back to my room. It was a rough sleep. I can feel my back aching already. Besides, I have no time to lose. I start getting ready before Mr. Arrogant starts shouting through the entire house again.

I get dressed in a light blue blazer and pants with a white blouse. I have silky black hair which I tied into a high ponytail and left two strands out. I wore white heels and matched a white purse for my phone. I loved to be colour-coordinated. I don't know why but it was just one of those things that made sense to my brain. I added pearl studs and headed downstairs.

It was already 8 o'clock and I saw Lex eating his breakfast. I am actually not in the mood to see his face this morning so I head straight out. Chris is sitting in his chair, like usual. Must be a really boring job.

"Good morning, Chris," I greet.

He greets back.

"Mind dropping me off at the office," I ask.

"No worries," his responses were always short and professional.

He goes in to get the keys and comes back in no time. Honestly, if I was a driver, I would never work with anyone this rude or arrogant. I wonder how long he's been working here. The office isn't too far from the house, but it is so beautiful. I walk into the building. So luxurious from the inside.