𝑪𝒉. 𝟏𝟓 | 𝑩𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒉𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒚

Aira

I am working on the setup for the second floor when I get a call from the administration that someone is here to meet me. I head downstairs and see Laura waiting at the chairs for me.

"Hey Aira," she enthusiastically greeted coming in for a hug.

"You should've told me before you came," I said hugging her back.

We sat down and chatted for a while. I gave her an invite to Lex's birthday tomorrow. She's so sweet I just can't with her. She spends some time helping me set up some things before she leaves. I inform everyone that tomorrow will be a day off as I would be preparing for Lex's birthday party. We are going to hold it at our house but there will be a few guests.

I get home to find a box with a black short camisole dress which has a note beside it saying, 'I'd love it if you wear this'.

The dress is so short. I've never worn short or very revealing clothes around Lex. I don't want him to get the wrong idea. Or like fall for me. I'm hot, anything can happen. Jokes on me but seriously. What if Liz and Nan got me this? We'll see about this tomorrow. I'm going to have to do something with this.

──⇌••⇋──

Lex went to office, even on his birthday. What a loser. If it were me, I would spend time with my family who would leave in a few days. But no. He's a different type of workaholic. Is he even human? Sometimes I feel like he's just a robot designed to just work. Mother fucker only shows negative emotions.

Anyways, I do not need to think about him today even though it's his birthday. I spend the whole day with Liz and some workers setting the house up for the party. It was going to be held outside the house, in the front yard as the fountain would make a great setting place.

Liz wanted the theme to be black and golden. We set up some tables for a start and covered them in black table cloth, decorating them with golden table décor. Then the floor was filled with black and golden balloons. We decorated the sides of the gates with golden lights. It looked so pretty.

The cake came in soon. It had the number twenty-seven on it with 'Happy Birthday Lex'. It was a large rectangle cake, flavoured chocolate. Apparently, Lex had ordered it himself, specially.

When the time comes, Lex is already dressed in off-white high-neck and blue trousers with a golden watch. He looks the same except for the high neck. He normally wears a shirt and coat. That's all he wears. Talking about what he always wears, I'm still dressed in my oversized hoodie and jeans. The guests are also starting to come and Liz is telling me to go change already.

I head up to my room and open up the box with that dress. I grab a cream-coloured full-sleeve turtleneck and high-knee black boots. That should do the job. I change into the outfit and do my makeup. I've never left my hair open ever since I got here. I tied my hair in a high ponytail and curled the ends. Then I look over my jewellery and choose golden hoops. I received a message on my phone from Laura telling me that she was here.

I hurried down the stairs and towards the entrance to find Lex standing there talking to another guy. His eyes spot me once and as he turns his head his brain processes me which makes him turn his head back fast. I slowly start taking my steps seeing his eyes travel from my face and down to my body. I'm pulling the short dress down the little thigh area that is still revealed.

The high-knee boots cover just a few inches above my knee. My heart starts to race again. It's getting faster with every step closer to the door. My body reacted in a way it shouldn't to the way Lex's eyes admired me... I could almost feel myself throbbing.

"Aira," Laura yells from the gate distance.

I look over to her and wave. She comes up to me and hugs me.

"Happy Birthday, Lex," she wishes but his eyes are still glued to me.

Laura looks at me as she nudges my shoulder with tease.

"Mr. Hudson!" I gritted in a clear tone for him to snap back into his senses.

"What?" he grumpily frowns.

"Happy birthday, Lex," Laura repeats, admiring him.

He looks at her and I can already see him getting mad. And before his volcanic larva erupts on us, I quickly take Laura away from him. I got her to meet Liz and Nan. They both love her too. I feel Lex's eyes burning on me the whole time which is annoying the fuck out of me. It's like he's shooting lava balls at me from his eyes.

It's time to cut the cake. I bring the cake on the trolley from inside the kitchen and place it in front of Lex. I stand next to him and light the candles. He blows on them as everyone sings him a happy birthday. The first piece of cake he cuts looks so good. I look as he picks it up with his hand and takes it to my mouth. I stare at him in a what the fuck are you doing manner.

"Aira, open your mouth," Liz teasingly smirked.

Everyone is staring at us as they wait for me to react. He places his other hand on my waist as I open my mouth for a bite. The instant butterflies in my stomach itch me. If he doesn't stop with this behaviour, I am going to end up leaving this business. His hand leaves my waist as he takes the piece of cake away from me and gives a bit to Nan and Liz.

"Aira," he calls out grabbing a tissue.

I turn back to him and the tissue reaches the edge of my lips to wipe the excess cream off. His eyes dig into mine, trying to capture my soul at its best. Though my heart sinks to my body and starts dancing with all my organs. What is happening to me?

The rest of the party goes smoothly and the guests start leaving after two hours. The place is empty by 9 pm as tomorrow is a work day. Laura kindly stays back and helps with the cleaning and the winding up. There's some leftover cake which I will be eating soon.

Anyways, I head up to my room after I see off Laura. I start by taking off my jewellery and boots. It feels great to finally feel earth. I'm about to undo my hair when Lex barges into my room. I look down at my more than half naked legs and he stares at them too.

"Don't you have any manners? Knock before you come in," I say trying to cover my legs with my arms in a failing attempt.

"Aira, I told you to stay away from that girl," he starts to boss around again.

"She's my friend I don't understand what your problem is. Why do you keep interfering in my personal life?" I say, annoyed.

"You don't even know her, Aira! How can you be so sure she's your friend?" he aggressively yells grabbing onto my arms.

There we go again. I think I have to chop my arms off at some point.

"I'm certain," I softly say looking into his eyes.

"She's not a good person. She's only your friend to hurt you," he says.

"She's not. Even if she is why do you even care? She's hurting me not you," I rolled my eyes, getting his hands off my arms.

He takes a deep breath before he looks at me angrily.

"I do care, Aira!" he yells at the bottom of his breath cupping my face in his hands.

"Why?" I yell back.

"Because I..." he stops himself, breathing heavily with unease.

I know he doesn't care. He just wants me to be isolated and lonely. His eyes lock onto my lips and my eyes lock onto his lips. The warm air between us mixes as he gets closer with each second. Why? Why do you care if you do care Lex?

The hypnosis is broken by his phone ringing. He takes his hands away from my face and takes a few steps backwards. His phone continues to ring but he stares at me. I look away from him. Why didn't I react? I should've pushed him away from me. He leaves my room aggressively and I stand there trying to process him and his intentions.

Don't forget to Vote 💛