𝑪𝒉. 𝟐𝟒 | 𝑫𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝑲𝒊𝒔𝒔

Aira

"Aira, it's been so long let's go. We're going to get late," Lex scolded from outside my room.

He would have barged in and tensed my ability to look my best if I hadn't locked my door but I needed it today. I could not mess up my perfect birthday look for Noah. 

"I'll be out in a while, Mr. Hudson. And I'm going to get there myself," I annoyed him on purpose to which he obviously, did protest.  "Leave or I'll call Nan and tell her that you're annoying me," the threat was weak and surprisingly it worked after Lex attempted another ten minutes of convincing. 

I watched him leave through my window before I booked my ride and head out. This black dress with straps had instantly caught my attention. Elegant, gorgeous and stunning was the personality it could shape any woman in. Maybe also 'the most perfect woman in the room' too because upon entering the luxurious birthday hall set up, the chandelier directed it's light entirely towards me.

All eyes sparkled upon me with drools and smirks but Lex's eyes felt like they had drowned in a beautiful ecstasy of heaven. My eyes locked with his as I approached Noah for a hug and a birthday wish where his ears finally cleared to hear Noah's admiration of me. 

"You are stunning. Is there anything you can't pull off, Aira?" Noah questioned, mesmerised by my beauty himself.

I only responded with a chuckle and allowed him to walk away and attend his other guests. When my attention finally walked upon Lex, I saw the frustration and anger as everyone's eyes were on me.

His eyes were fixed on me for the rest of the event which I have to admit, didn't annoy me. I actually... like it. He's dressed in all black too. His hair is perfectly set. What in the world? Why am I thinking of all this? We stand next to each other silent for a while.

"Oh my God, Aira. You look so gorgeous," Laura comes breaking the silence.

She's dressed in a blue long dress.

"Thank you. You look so pretty too," I return the compliment.

I don't want Lex saying anything stupid to her so I move away from him with Laura. Laura takes me to her friend group. There are two girls and three boys. Laura introduces them to me one by one. I've never had a big friendship group but I've had a big family group like this with all my close cousins. Everyone is so sweet and lovely. I'm glad I'm friends with Laura.

"Attention everyone. It's time to cut the cake," Noah announces.

Finally. I've been waiting for this. A waiter brings out a really cute cake which is covered in white and brown icing. This has to be a chocolate cake. Chocolate is like the best flavour. Everybody sings happy birthday as he cuts the cake. He feeds it to his mum and little brother and asks the waiter to distribute the rest.

Everybody breaks that clutched crowd around the cake as they receive their pieces. I'm so happy as I get mine handed. I'm about to start eating it when Noah calls me over. I take a sigh as I walk over to him. I wanted to eat the cake.

"Meet my mum," he introduces.

"Hello," I politely greet.

"Is this the girl you were telling me about?" she questions happily.

"Yes mum. Her name is Aira," Noah confirms with a shy smile.

"Noah hasn't stopped talking about you ever since he's met you," she laughed to which his face turned red.

Before I could say anything, I feel an arm snake around my back to my waist.

"I know right. I don't think anyone can think beyond after seeing Aira," Lex's voice interfered.