𝑪𝒉. 𝟕 | 𝑳𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝑴𝒆

Aira

Lex asked me to bring a file into his cabin. After yesterday I wanted to go back to the US. I hate it here. I hate him! God, please keep me out of trouble, I pray before I enter his cabin. He was typing furiously on his laptop. I just walked up to him silently but the sound of my heels clicking got his attention off his screen and onto me.

"You asked for t-this file," I say with a deep breath, still a bit unwell from yesterday's incident.

His eyes stare at the naked wound. Since he was having trouble taking the file out of my hand, I placed it onto his desk and turn my back to him to head out. There was a split-second silence before he talked.

"Cover it up or it'll get infected," he instructs.

Why is he caring now? It all happened because of him. I ignore him and continue to make my way out. As I grab the handle his hand lands on it too. I keep my eyes away from him though.

"Did you not hear what I said?" he spoke, the warmth of his hand circulating on the coldness of mine.

I did hear what you said I just don't want to listen to you, I say in my head. I turn the handle but he harshly keeps it stiff.

"Don't look away when I'm talking to you," he continues, trying to get a response out of me.

I WILL look away. That face of yours is hideous. Even plastic surgery won't make it better, I think to myself.

"Aira!" he yells as he grips my arm with his other hand, turning me to look at him. "I said to cover it up or it'll get infected," he repeated, something he hated to do.

"So, so what?" my eyes wince.

I can see him getting really annoyed. Anger is filling his eyes. This man does not have patience at all. He'll always have it his way which is why he goes to drag me by my arm back towards his office.

"Mr. Hudson, let me go," I warn but he doesn't listen.

He heads to his drawer and gets the first aid kit.

"I said let me go," I say scratching and pinching his hand so he would let go.

He sits me down on the chair and places both my knees between his, holding them firmly. I plead for him to let me go but he doesn't. Why is this guy so stubborn? I don't need his care.

"Shut up, Aira," he voices as if he hasn't said that to me a million times.

"No, I will not. What are you going to do?" I challenged, frowning my eyebrows, fed up with this.

He places his hands on the sides of the chair, leaning toward me. My eyes blinked so slowly, and I leaned back in the chair. I had no more space to lean back but he continued to come forward until the tip of our noses hit.

"I said, SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP," he softly frowned, hitting his warm breath above my lips.

A huge gulp hardly travelled down my throat and when he dropped his eyes to study my lips, I closed my mouth. My heart starts to beat faster, feeling him so close to me. Lex took his time to slowly lean off me like it was aching his soul and he would die.

He opens the first aid box and starts cleaning the wound again. I hiss at the stings on my swollen and unhealed skin. His eyes look at me and then back to the wound. Slowly patting it and then wrapping it so it would sting less.

"See, how hard was that?" his head tilts, still holding onto my wrist so delicately.

I silently just stare at him with a blank expression. His tone was normal, and he didn't look arrogant. Happiness pumped through my veins and pulsed against my skin. Clicking back into reality, I take my wrist out of his hand. He clears his throat slightly and gets up to head back to his laptop and I head out.