𝑪𝒉. 𝟒𝟐 | 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑯𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒚𝒎𝒐𝒐𝒏

Aira

I didn't think Lex would book our honeymoon this fast but his concern about leaving the business unattended in Australia got to his workaholic mind. It's surprising to see that he's not having seizures upon that fact either. We had both reached the hotel early this morning so breakfast was missed.

The jet lag had driven us both into a deep sleep but the excitement of seeing this place nourished and pushed it all away. The riverside after lunch, close to the evening was stunning. The sun was already going down and the golden lights between the botanic setting were splendid.

Lex and I headed down the walkway to the boats where I wanted to take a trip around it. Lex went ahead and got into the boat first steadily. He held his hand out for me to reach into. My first step into the boat made it wobble and I roughly grabbed onto Lex's arm. He let out a small teasing laugh at my hiss which made me wince my eyes. The instructor handed us our oars as we took our seats on the planks made. We both paddled slowly, well Lex paddled slowly and then had the audacity to blame me.

"If you're going to paddle like this then we'll be stuck here forever, Aira," he complained.

"I'm paddling just fine. Why don't you take both oars and paddle yourself with those big muscles?" I blinked with sass.

Then I rolled my eyes at him and turned to look at the riverside. The leaflets around us were beautiful and little frogs and turtles were visible. Amongst the golden lights were multi-coloured flowers, spread and lined like a beautiful border. Beyond that was a walkway full and stuffed with snow right now. I loved these types of environments. They brought serenity and peace.

"Do you want to go over to it?" Lex questioned, noticing my admiration for the walkway.

"Yes," I responded, looking at him with a small smile and a nod of my head.

"Then paddle faster," the left side of his lip arched upwards in a smirk for another tease.

But his eyes admired the way I admired our surroundings. Lex looked so gorgeous looking at me like this.

"I am," I exclaimed, popping my eyes out at him with a pout.

In return, he mimics my expression. God, he's so sassy.

"Arrogant," I muttered under my breath in an attempt to paddle my oar faster at his request.

"I heard that," he lets me know with a smirk that inched higher with his eyebrows.

"Paddle faster," I scolded in annoyance.

"Ask nicely," Lex had held his oar in one place and had stopped paddling.

This was outrageous. For a second I thought he was kidding but when the next few went by with him not paddling and the boat till, I had no choice.

"Paddle faster," the sarcasm in my voice commanded in loudly this time.

Lex sighed and took his oar out of the water, placing it inside the boat. Then goes to get my oar and places it in the boat too.

"Get up," he instructs and I follow, curious as to what is going on in his mind.

Lex picked me up bridal style in his arms. My arms locked around his neck as the boat inched left and right due to instability. Lex took a step forward holding me to the edge of the boat now.

"Ask nicely or I'll throw you in the water," I gasped at his request, or command because it was more like a command.

I couldn't believe he was threatening to throw me in the water on our honeymoon. Nan will be hearing about this and I'll make sure he doesn't get away with this. I nodded no and scoffed, looking away from him. He gave me a little swing to which I let out a little scream.