𝑪𝒉. 𝟑𝟑 | 𝑫𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒓

Aira

I was in my room getting ready for dinner at the Hudson's house. Liz had forcefully invited me, well begged me during lunch yesterday until I had said yes. My heart was sweating internally with nervousness and anxiety because Lex left the mall pissed yesterday because of me. What shocked me more was to see him back here in the US. He hadn't mentioned coming back.

My heart rate was so high and all I had to think about right now was the guy my uncle had selected for me to get married too. He was coming to see me during the New Year's party. I wondered who he was because the way my cousin siblings teased me, it felt like I knew him or have heard of him and seen him once or twice.

"Aira, where are you going?" Uncle enquired, catching me at the entrance of the house as I went ahead to leave for the dinner.

"Mr Hudson's sister invited me over for dinner today," I told.

"Hmm. Be back by nine," he kept his eyes on his phone and walked past me. 

I nodded yes before heading out to the car. On the way I just prayed he wouldn't be home. I hope he's with his long lost friends or with people he hasn't met since he's moved over to Australia. Just as I want time to go slow, it doesn't. I reach the Hudson house in a click and get welcomed by his bodyguards at the gate.

This house was huge with a lush front yard that had multiple cars parked. Did they also have someone else over? Walking up the stairs and past the entrance, their open living came to my sight and Liz yelped with happiness seeing me arrive. She calls Nan instantly before running down the stairs to hug me.

"How have you been darling?" Nan asked, coming just behind Liz from her room.

"I've been well. What about you Nan?" I smiled, happy to see her.

"Very good after seeing you," she smiles brightly.

She's literally the sweetest. Lex is so blessed and lucky to have a Nan like her and a sister like Liz. I shouldn't have thought of him because...

"Nan. Liz. I'm home," Lex's voice frightens me as he walks in from the entrance.

There's a long wall up to the living area and when Lex passes that wall and sees me, he's shocked too. His eyes wander around me for a great two seconds to make sure it wasn't a hallucination.

"Aira, does Lex still taunt you," Liz asked upon my reaction. 

I give a small anxious smile. He rolls his eyes at me and tells Liz that he's going up to his room. Liz and Nan take me to their dining table. I sit down at the first chair on the left side. Nan and Liz sit down on the right side of the table, directly opposing me. Their maid is placing the food on the table when Lex comes down.

"I've made this custard specially for you," Nan pointed at the bowel with red, preferably the flavour of strawberry custard.

"Then it has to be the best thing I eat off this table today," I smiled, excited to try it already. My eyes refuse to watch or even look at Lex but he comes to stand directly above me. His shadow hovers over my head but I keep my gaze to Liz with an awkward smile. 

"Move," was the only word he uttered.

"Huh?" I finally turned to look at him.

"This is my seat. Get off," his eyebrow slightly jerked.

I get up to move and give Mr Stubborn his seat. He really has no manners.

"Lex, that's rude. She's a guest at our house," Nan scolded, unhappy with his little stunt.