𝑪𝒉. 𝟐𝟑 | 𝑶𝒖𝒕𝒇𝒊𝒕

Lex

It's a Friday afternoon and I'm out at the mall looking for a dress for Aira to wear at Noah's birthday party. She's been working so hard lately I want her take full rest tomorrow rather than spend her day looking for an outfit.  I look around a few shops for some inspiration but I don't find any until the next few hours.

This beautiful black dress. It would fall just above her knees and is carried by strings on her shoulders. Not too revealing but a hot dress she'll look bomb in. I'm about to buy it but I change my mind and put it back. There's going to be many other guys there. I don't need anyone looking at her. Instead, I buy a full sleeve gown for her that falls down to her feet with full coverage. That should do the job. 

I drive back home and walk up to her room, placing the bag on her bed. The shower in her bathroom is on which meant she was showering. I sit down on her bed and wait for her to come out.

Meanwhile I look at the decorations she has put up. Her taste in decoration is really good, which reminds me that I haven't been to the site since she's set it up. I hope it's as good as the setting of this room. She walks out with her head wrapped in a towel, dressed in hoodie and sweatpants.

"What are you doing here?" she asks, jerking her body back at my sight in a shocking expression.

"You've worked really hard this week. I figured you wouldn't have time to get an outfit for Noah's birthday party. So, I got one for you," I tell giving her the bag.  She looked amused.

"Thankyou. I guess," her eyes wince with suspicion.

She takes the gown out and holds it to her eyes. I get off her bed and stand next to her. She looks at me and then looks back at the gown.

"You really thought I would wear this to a birthday party?" she questions looking at the long black gown.

"Of course," I smiled.

"No, Lex. I would look like a nun in this. There's no way I'm wearing this anywhere," she rejected.

"Nonsense. It looks perfect to me," I argued.

"You're obviously blind. And there is no way I'm wearing this," she laughs, almost thinking I am joking too.

She places the dress back into the bag and throws it in her cupboard. I sigh, leaving the room. I know she'd wear it. I've got nothing to worry about. Or maybe she won't.

──⇌••⇋──

I woke up pretty late today since I stayed up watching a movie last night. Business is pretty settled and now I finally have some free time on my hands. I walk without washing my face or wearing a shirt to Aira's room. Which is empty. I check the living room and the front yard but she's not there either.

"Sir, are you looking for Aira?" Chris asks.

"Yeah."

"She headed out after breakfast," he informed.

This girl. I go back to my room and call her. She's at the shopping mall looking for a dress to wear at Noah's birthday party. It doesn't matter anyways. I'll burn it. Or hide it. I freshen up and head down for some brunch. 

I was icky with my hands because this was my first weekend in Australia which I had to myself so I did not understand what to do.  I wait for a few hours to pass as an excuse to receive business emails which I end up checking to fill my time in.

Between which, I receive a video call from my Nan and Liz. It's been a while since we've talked. I miss them so much. Anyways we're having a lovely conversation about work and how things are back in the US. Liz has everything handled there for the meantime. I might even plan to go back for a visit soon.